In My Neighborhood in 53545>Question Details

KARYMJONES, Renter in Janesville, WI

WHERE ARE THE PICTURES OF THIS HOUSE HOW CAN YOU SELL A HOUSE WITHPOUT PHOTOGRAPHS???

Asked by KARYMJONES, Janesville, WI Fri Aug 17, 2012

Answers

12
Some agents just don't understand that a picture says 1000 words. Unfortunately unless their Seller specifically asked them not to post public pictures, they are doing their seller a huge disservice by not putting the maximum allowed # of pictures in their MLS. While most people don't buy a house on their internet, at least 90% of them do start their house search on their internet. A house without pictures will never make their list of homes to see.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 18, 2012
Some agents fail the test when it comes to photos. It's August ,and some pictures still have snow showing! Of course, maybe that is good considering how HOT it was last month! And, photos with a cell phone? Not usually worthy of publication. GOOD photos are marketing magic, but some agents just don't get it.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 18, 2012
You're right! It is always helpful to have pictures. Most listings do have pictures, but sometimes there are circumstances where they haven't been posted, yet. Let me know if I can help you out. I would be glad to take some pictures for you or track them down if they exist.
Let me know what house you are talking about. I'd be glad to walk through and take photos for you!
What is the address and how can you ask a question with an address?
what house are you talking about? They are all on the mls and I can email
you photographs of the ones you want
This is not a rental; it is a scam- the house is for sale by Cent. 21, not for rent. Do not reply- and always hit Flag button when you see odd listings like these ( it has the wrong county in the text. )Thank you for helping the honest people actually find a decent rental.
Not sure, Karymjones. I know that a very few agents just don't see the importance of it while some sellers don't want them for reasons already stated below. Sometimes the inside looks really bad and they don't want to scare buyers.

On the other hand, pictures can be VERY deceiving, so you might want to take Don's advice and just go in person. I work with a lot of buyers and I can tell you that many, many times my buyers were very disappointed upon arrival when the rooms were half the size as depicted int he photos or the photos didn't show the areas of disrepair.

I think we should put in as many quality photos as allowed on each site, but they need to be accurate.
Great answer by GTOptions. If you're serious about buying, you have to look at the house.

Beyond that, there are plenty of legitimate reasons why photos sometimes are listed. Some sellers feel very uncomfortable, like it's an invasion of privacy.

Sometimes the house doesn't show well and, even if the price reflects the problems, lots of folks nowadays don't read. And they don't pay attention to the price: They just want to see those granite countertops and stainless steel appliances.

Sometimes there's valuable stuff (artwork, furniture, etc.) in the house and the sellers don't want to advertise that fact.

Right now, as I'm answering your question, I'm looking out my window at my neighbor's house. They're moving today--the moving truck is there right now. The owners bought a new house a few miles away. They actually bought it a few months ago, and their old house hasn't sold. They finally decided to move into the new (still empty) house, leaving behind their old (still unsold) house.

Now, they've had a lot of lookers. And their MLS listing has lots of good pictures. If you were in the market in this area, you might have come out and looked. The house is about 30 years old, but in good condition and pretty much fixed up. It's got a great front yard that slopes down to the street. There's an old, huge tree--gorgeous--on one side. The photos look great.

But . . . the house literally has no back yard. When our subdivision was built, the builder put all the houses on the corners of the lots--nice sized lots, 1/3-1/2 acre. So, all the house's land is in the front, on the gorgeous from yard. There's NO back yard; it butts up to the neighbor's. And the house is on a pipestem--a shared driveway serving 4 houses.

So we see lots of traffic there. People come up, they start walking around, and you can see their reactions when they see there's no back yard. It's like "Where's the rest of it?"

Now, even though our neighbors aren't being deceptive about the photos of their home, the photos aren't telling the whole story. the point is: You can NOT rely on photos when buying a house.

So, if you're serious feel free to eliminate houses if you see photos and the pictures turn you off. But photos aren't failsafe, and the lack of photos shouldn't be a strong deterrent.

Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Burke, VA
Trulia often lists homes on their site that are not yet on the market. When a bank files a foreclosure notice on the home owner, Trulia takes it upon themselves to list the property as possibly being available on the market soon.

If you can reply with the address of the home you are interested in, I'd be happy to look into it further for you.

For a better way of searching the current MLS listings in Wisconsin, visit the link below.
Which house are you referring to?
Web Reference: http://www.archershomes.com
Its seriously terrific that how one can buy just going through the pictures. If you are really interested in buying a house then you have to visit the house and have to see it on your own, it would be more satisfying than going through the photographs.
Web Reference: http://www.gtoptions.com/