suehmcgee, Other/Just Looking in Chicago, IL

WHAT IS IT LIKE TO LIVE IN sAUGANASH?

Asked by suehmcgee, Chicago, IL Fri Oct 28, 2011

Answers

10
We've lived here since 2001. Don't think I'd ever leave because of all the relationships for me and my kids. Great schools, Sauganash Trail can get us to the local park without crossing any major streets. Plenty of easy street parking and so far, I have not seen anyone practice winter dibs parking games.

There are 2 neighborhood newspapers that are delivered every Saturday morning. I know more than half of my neighbors by name. We have block parties and a 4th of July Parade. Traditions I have grown accustomed to.

Being a Realtor, I see lots of neighborhoods in the city and suburbs. Sauganash is the best of both worlds. Social opportunities for parents and kids.

Sometimes homes sell around here before they hit the MLS. You'll want a local Realtor, like me to help you have a chance to shop all the opportunities.
I moved to Sauganash in 2010. The neighborhood is very quiet and the only people I ever see walking around are neighbors. There is an excellent mix of soon-to-be-seniors, middle age folks and younger folks just starting families. I routinely see children playing and it is nice to know there is still somewhere in the city where they can do so without fear of being shot or attacked. There is also a good mix of people - city employees, firemen, policemen, corporate folks, attorneys and other professionals. The architectural variety is refreshing - many different styles and building decades/dates add quite a bit of character to the neighborhood.

There are excellent Catholic and public schools within a few blocks as well as some Jewish schools a little further away.

The neighborhood has excellent proximity to the Edens Expressway and is about a mile or so from the Metra stop on Devon and Lehigh. On Friday and/or Saturday I am able to take advantage of the number 84 Peterson bus to the Red Line or transfer buses and go to the Brown Line so I can avoid drinking and driving.

I truly feel lucky to live in this area because I grew up on the south side of the city and always hoped to live in a nice Chicago neighborhood. It is quiet and peaceful. Everything I desire and need.
Probably just like any other neighborhood. Call up DISH and they will drill holes in your roof and nail cable into the vinyl siding of your house and then say oh that is just a standard installation. Neighbors improving the area with more TV channels and couch potatoes.
It's like any well kept upper middle class suburb but with quick access to the under-appreciated Peterson 84 Bus, and a Currency Exchange in case you pulled your money out of the banks or prefer yellow temp plates.
Matt,
you must be a lot of fun at the MLS meetings.
and sometimes your sense of humor gets the best of you.
The grass is greener, the air is cleaner, the skies are bluer, and the folks are friendly.

But once a month, when the full moon hangs low in the sky, a ... change ... comes over the residents, and they venture out into the dark to feed....
Hi Sue,

If you like city living, shopping, transportation, expressway, etc.. with a suburban feel, surrounded by primarily single family homes, then this is a fabulous neighborhood.

I have clients looking in the area now and I have a couple of friends that live there whom I enjoy visiting. It always feels like I'm somewhere else when I'm there, not like I'm in the city. I personally love it!

Need help searching the area? There are a couple of short sales you may be interested in?

Feel free to reach out to me directly.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 29, 2011
Sauganash is the boarder of Chicago and suburbs. My home office is in LINCOLNWOOD just north of sauganash. Sauganash has good schools public and private. Queen of all saints church is beautiful especially at night . Good food near by in edgebrook, LINCOLNWOOD and Skokie.
I have numerous clients who say that the community has meet and exceeded all their expectations.
Web Reference: http://www.joeschiller.net
If you are interest in researching an area drive around during the day and the evening hours and observe
Visit the police station,library,schools,churches and,stores see if the area fits your needs. Chieck out the
neighborhood news letter or paper on events that are happening. Debbie Bergthold-Smith Classic
Real Estate 708-267-5552