In My Neighborhood in 29902>Question Details

Janet, Home Buyer in Shohola, PA

WE WOULD LIKE TO FIND A WINTER HOME IN S.C. FOR THREE TO FOUR MONTHS. NEAR A SMALL TOWN WITH A VILLAGE ATMOSPERE

Asked by Janet, Shohola, PA Sat Oct 13, 2012

Answers

8
Beaufort, SC is a wonderful place to start and I feel certain you will return year after year.
She wine the prize of being named "The Happiest Seaside Village in America" by Coastal Living magazine and she takes that title seriously.
Please visit http://www.bundyinc.com to check out our rentals in Beaufort.
Did you find your desired place? If not, I strongly suggest Habersham of Beaufort. I live here and would have loved to connect with you but I see your posting is several months old. I am a Northern transplant of 3 years and find this lovely jewel of a place a much nicer home for winter and every time of the year other than August, when it's as humid as a rain forest. We're on the water and many a Sunday morning, I've had coffee while watching dolphins cavort.
Hi Janet, I'm not a realtor, a broker, and any of the above. My Wife and I are currently stationed here and have live in Beaufort for over 2 years now. We're looking at moving within a year, hence the reason why I'm here looking at properties on Trulia. I was hoping to grasp a better idea of what the ratings on schools and crimes for other areas of the country related to here as I'm more familiar with it here and can relate. If you have any particular questions about the area, please don't hesitate to ask. Not sure if you can email me directly here and I really don't want to leave my phone number or email address, but I think if you hit reply I will get it.
Beaufort SC is the hidden jewel of the South and provides that small town atmosphere that you're looking for. If you find that you would like to take a little trip out to visit us here, please give me a call, and I would be delighted to show you what Beaufort has to offer. It is perfect for that winter getaway with the Hunting Island State Park and it's sprawling beaches to it's quaint historic downtown filled with shops and restaurants and the most relaxing Waterfront Park to take that after dinner stroll. Call me and I can tell you more. 843-986-2424
See this site: habershamsc.com. It's an award-winning Traditional New Town, about 8 minutes from the center of historic Beaufort, contains single family, town, and condo homes, shops, restaurants, on the water, and it's not a gated community. I live there and no, am not an agent. Rental info is on the Website. While many live there part of the year, it's also a fulltime community and very well cared for. Secure, too. Good luck!
If you are 55+, you should check into rentals in Sun City Hilton Head. It is located between Beaufort and Hilton Head, so you can get to all of the activities in Beaufort, Bluffton and Hilton Head. Great location! I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about the area. It is a very special place!!

Maria Skrip, Broker-in-Charge
RE/MAX Island Realty
Beaufort, Bluffton, Sun City, Hilton Head
843-252-4219
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 14, 2012
You need to check out Beaufort, SC. If you like moss laden oaks, beautiful water and marsh vistas and fascinating history, this small, waterfront town is for you. Check out this video.
http://www.beaufortsc.org/more/photo-video-gallery/ You may need to cut and paste. If you would like to see available real estate please visit http://www.BuyBeaufort.com or contact me directly. I would love the opportunity to share this unique and beautiful area with you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 13, 2012