In My Neighborhood in 48316>Question Details

Gloriadamuth, Home Buyer in Utica, MI

WE HAVE BEEN TRYING TO REFINANCE. OUR HOUSE DID NOT APPRAISE HIGH ENOUGH. HOW CAN I SEE WHAT THE HOUSES ARE SELLING FOR IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD.?

Asked by Gloriadamuth, Utica, MI Tue Oct 30, 2012

Answers

4
Gloria,

You can ask for the appraisal report. Sometimes they make mistakes. I just found an error in an appraisal for one of my buyers & fortunately the appraiser corrected it.
You can go on my website & look at the market insider for your zip code. You can also send me your address & information about your home & I can check what the comparable comps are in your area.

If there is enough errors in the appraisal report, you can ask to have it corrected or ask for another appraisal. Each appraiser could come up with different figures.

This is a very common problem these days. The home prices are going up & they base their appraisal on past sales. The past sales are less than what current market value would be.

There are some companies that are offering refinancing without an appraisal. You might want to check that out as well.

Best to you,
Hello Gloria,

Unfortunately, many people are in the same boat. Because of the market, can not take advantage of the low interest rates. One site I would like to recommend to you is http://www.MyHomeComps.com where it will give you a report on the real estate activities in your area.

Good luck to you and don't hesitate to contact me with any questions.

Nash K
248.250.1192
Web Reference: http://www.RealtorNash.com
Gloria,

Please email me - melanie@melanielovati.com I would be glad to run a search for you.

Melanie Lovati
Broker/Owner
Innovation Real Estate Specialists
I would recomend that you hire a professional Appraiser. He will be able to give you the information you need. You can then take this to your bank a chalenge the appraisal the
bank has. If you look on your states web site of licensed appraisers or google state certified residential appraiser. An appraiser will be using comparables that have sold in the last 6 months
this is a reflection of the market