Nh Buyer, Home Buyer in Manchester, NH

Value of the house in large vs small subdivision?

Asked by Nh Buyer, Manchester, NH Sun Aug 22, 2010

I am trying to find out if two similar (or let's say exactly the same) homes prices would differ much if one of them is in the large subdivision and surrounded by other larg subdivision as well as rental complexes and the other one is in the small subdivision (only 7 homes) . My analysis shows that the home in the smaller subdivision would have higher value than the one in the large subdivision....am I correct in my assumption?

Answers

2
There are several factors that need to be looked at. rental complexes would bring down the value in a residential area. Whether large or small, the style of house, size of the house, age, lot size and with the small subdivision, what typoe of area surronds it? In addition whether small or large are the streets busy, slow, cul de sacs? The most important thing in Real Estate is location, location, location so neighborhood and these factors do matter.

All of these will affect value. A good buyer agent can assess what the value of each is in todays market for you. please let me know if you need help in your search.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Hi Nh Buyer:

I think this would vary widely depending on many factors that have nothing to do with the size of the subdivision. Factors like uses of the surrounding land; proximity to workplaces, recreation and shopping; land values; socioeconomic factors; public transportation; and the size and quality of surrounding homes would all play a part in determining the value of the subject home.

Ron