In My Neighborhood in 27410>Question Details

Barb Winn, Home Buyer in Deltona, FL

To the people that live in the neighborhood of Greenbough, Greensboro, are the planes a noise problem, being so close to the airport

Asked by Barb Winn, Deltona, FL Tue Mar 6, 2012

? Is it bothersome and are there alot of planes coming and going. Am seriously thinking of moving to the area. Thanks for your help and input. Anything else I might need to know? (pros and cons)

Answers

7
Hi Barb,

Let me first start off by saying that we'd love to have you as a new resident of our wonderful city! I've been a resident here for 30+ years and have no desire to move anywhere else. Greensboro has plenty of the things a larger city may have but with a small town feel and friendly faces.

As far a your question about the place noise/etc., it really just depends where you are exactly.

If love to chat with you about it when you have some free time. :-)

Are you planning to visit anytime soon?
Hi, I recently had a home on Greenough Way under contract and the buyer back out in due diligence due to the flight path. Although it was disclosed updfront, they were too concerned for re-sale. This goes to show that it does bother some folks. The seller and list agent were great to work with and the seller said the noise did not bother her and she loved her location but needed to downsize. I grew up in a direct flight path and then moved by a railroad track and hospital LOL, so noise does not bother me too much. It really is a personal decision and there are some very nice communities near the airport that I would not discount. Check out this report regarding noise cone:
http://www.ptipart150.com/Noise_Compatibility_Program.htm
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 3, 2012
Nope, not really audible or distracting at all.
Most metropolitan areas have airports close by, so this isn't unusual for Greensboro. I would suggest spending time in the area you're considering to see if the noise will bother you. You'll probably find that you'll tune it out after time.
I live in the northwest area and might hear 3 planes a week and that is if I am outside. From the inside of my house I hear none.
I have lived just norht of Greensboro for 21 years in an area called Summerfield. I rarely hear any planes but see them regularly.The access to the airport( less than 10 minutes away) is considered a plus and has not affected the prices of homes in my area at all.
Living near an airport is usually a trade off. Being near an airport usually lowers property values making them a lot more affordable where you can get more house for the same amount of money elsewhere away from the airport. Are you asking about Flat Creek Airport near Greensboro?