In My Neighborhood in 05483>Question Details

Deborah J. M…, Home Buyer in Saint Albans, VT

This question concerns the area of Sweet Hollow Road where public trails exist. What is the traffic/noise level like having the snowmobile and trail?

Asked by Deborah J. Martin, Saint Albans, VT Mon Oct 22, 2012

right in front of house. And, what about snow removal over trail(s) to get to road?

Answers

3
Misty Jettie’s answer
I dont live on sweet hollow, but frequent the trail - I know in the winter snowmobiles will wiz up and down the trail at awful hours of the night and through out the day. You may get used to it, but it is a rather annoying sound when 8 machines go through at 11pm..
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 23, 2012
Thank-you Misty for your answer to my question about the noise level on Sweet Hollow. We appreciate the information, and will take it under consideration if we go further with buying a house in that area. Again, thanks for taking time to respond.
Flag Wed Oct 24, 2012
It depends a lot on how far from the trail the home is, and whether it is higher or lower than the level of the rail trail itself. Homes above the trail will hear more noise than those below.
I live on a private road off of Sweet Hollow Road. There is no problem with snow on the road from the VAST Trail. I do not experience any unreasonable noise from snow mobiles. It's possible to hear them, but it's no different than a passing vehicle. They are not loud enough to wake me up.