kitdavisnyc, Both Buyer and Seller in Brooklyn, NY

This apartment is in DUMBO, not Vinegar Hill...

Asked by kitdavisnyc, Brooklyn, NY Thu Sep 27, 2012

Answers

2
Dear kitdavisnyc:

There is no property attached to this question which makes it impossible for us to help you. Having said that, Brooklyn is a funny place, you can pick a specific block and ask three people walking down the street "hey, what neighborhood is this?" Usually you will find that there are dramatic differences in the answers you receive!

I Googled the history of Brooklyn and found the following...

The Dutch were the first Europeans to settle the area on the western edge of Long Island, which was then largely inhabited by the Lenape, a Native American people who are often referred to in contemporary colonial documents by a variation of the place name "Canarsie." The "Breuckelen" settlement, named after Breukelen in the Netherlands, was part of New Netherland, and the Dutch West India Company lost little time in chartering the six original parishes (listed here first by their later, more common English names):[1]

Gravesend: in 1645, settled under Dutch patent by English followers of the Anabaptist, Lady Deborah Moody, after the town 's-Gravenzande, Netherlands
Brooklyn: as "Breuckelen" in 1646, after the town now spelled Breukelen, Netherlands
Flatlands: as "New Amersfoort" in 1647
Flatbush: as "Midwout" in 1652
New Utrecht: in 1657, after the city of Utrecht, Netherlands
Bushwick: as "Boswijck" in 1661

So at one time there were only six neighborhoods in Brooklyn, now there are like 30 and people are inventing new ones with new names every other day! If you want contact me direct with your exact address and I will see if I can fix it for you. Either way good luck!

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
WHat a retarded response to his remark. You did a "Google" search and quoted Wikipedia for your answer? I doubt you rent/sell many apartments at all...
Flag Tue Mar 12, 2013
Flag Tue Mar 12, 2013
No link is visible--however if the map is incorrect you may wish to directly contact customer service.
http://www.trulia.com/help/ask/