Foxefyre@aol…, Other/Just Looking in 90001

Thinking of Olympia...

Asked by Foxefyre@aol.com, 90001 Tue Apr 27, 2010

I have been thinking of moving to Port Orchard from Los Angeles. Recently, a friend suggested I consider Olympia as a choice. My parameters would stay the same (2-3 BR, 1-2 BA, roomy interiors, fully fenced backyard).

Could someone tell me something about the area around Oxford Loop?

Thanks! :-)

Kelley Sweat
L.A., CA

Answers

3
Kelley,

The Lake Forest neighborhood is actually located in Lacey. Lacey, Olympia and Tumwater are three distinct cities on the I-5 corridor that have grown together geographically. It's difficult to know where exactly one begins and the other one ends. There are lots of homes within your given parameters in Lacey or in Olympia, for sale or for rent.
Best of luck!

Sandy
When I first got to Olympia 15 years ago, I seriously thout about buying in Lake Forest, Its a nice established sub-division. I never bought there in the end. (I found a real good deal somewhere else). But I have helped buy and sold homes there. All my clients loved the area including the lake. One thing you may want to watch though is the Amtrack lines. They are close in the south end of the sub-division. If you like trains, perfect.
The Lake though is a big plus.
Web Reference: http://www.olympiahomes.us
Hi Kelley,

Your friend was wise to recommend Olympia! :) Oxford loop is in a neighborhood called Lake Forest. It is just a short drive from the growing Hawks Prairie area. The neighborhood offers community access to Long Lake, one of the premier lakes in our area. There is also an elementary school at the front of the neighborhood by the same name. You would be likely to find a home with the characteristics you described there and likely in the $180-220k price range.

I'd be happy to get you more detailed info, just shoot me an email! Good luck with your move!