In My Neighborhood in 49417>Question Details

Godlovesus20…, Home Owner in Dearborn Heights, MI

Thinking about retiring in Grand Haven -- any advice or comments?

Asked by Godlovesus2001, Dearborn Heights, MI Sat Oct 15, 2011

Answers

3
I've lived in the area for most of my life and absolutely love it here! Grand Haven has so much to offer by way of recreation, community events, and of course the beautiful West Michigan beaches! Please feel free to connect with me if you are looking for a retirement home here in Grand Haven. Call my cell at 616-844-8434 or click on my webpage: http://www.greenridge.com/agent/agent-contact.asp?CEQ_AgentC…

All the Best,
Scott Harestad
Greenridge Realty
616-844-8434
scott@scottharestad.com
I own a local Brokerage and we moved here from GRand Rapids 8 years ago, you couldn't get me to leave. This is an amazing place to live. If I can be helpful in anyway, please feel free to call my cell 616-581-2241 or check out our website with tons of info on living here http://www.bluewestproeprties.com.

Meg

Meghan Heritage
Broker, BlueWest Properties
616-581-2241
meghan@bluewestproperties.com
I have a little bit of advice....
Connect with an area Real Estate Agent in Grand Haven.... and get as much information as you can get
a) types of properties, styles, the size you need, the price range you are comfortable with
b) that Realtor can also provide you with information you can retrieve on the internet for certain subdivisions
like over 55 communities, what is close to shopping, restaurants etc.

Do not do this on your own, a local Realtor will be able to give you a lot of advice, make sure when buying a property to have a home inspection to make sure there are no major problems with the property....

Spend a short vacation there and explore the area on your own....

It is a big step to decide where to retire, make sure what you like to do in your free time, you can do it there
How far away is family, friends or acquaintances, all is important when you decide where to spend your
"Golden Years" as they say :)

Love your "God Loves us 20..... Nice :)
Hope all will go well for you and you will find the right place to retire for YOU...

All the best!
Edith YourRealtor4Life! And Chicago&NorthernIllinois and North Shore Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients