In My Neighborhood in 28270>Question Details

rykat1611, Home Buyer in Charlotte, NC

Thinking about buying in McKee Plantation. What do you know about it?

Asked by rykat1611, Charlotte, NC Fri Mar 1, 2013

Answers

8
Good afternoon, Rykat:
You might want to read the Trulia Blog series "How to Choose a Neighborhood" (link below) . Trulia has a great info source on this neighborhood, Overview, Market Trends, Schools, Crime and Community Info as part of the Providence Plantation area. http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/Providence_Plantation-Char… If the home you are thinking about buying is a new home, you may want to consider having a new home agent advocate. http://www.trulia.com/blog/dfisher/2011/09/buyer_agent_advoc…
We know a couple without children who lives there and think it is a nice stable area. For many buyers and renters, which school attendance zone the home is within is very important. If you have a specific Mecklenburg County address and want to know which public school children living there will attend, there is a handy Mecklenburg County School Lookup site in the Trulia Blog "Which areas surrounding Charlotte would be a nice place to relocate?" http://goo.gl/V8aOK If you have school age children, I suggest that you check addresses against this link and determine if the schools are going to serve your child's educational needs. If you have a full time agent with a Masters degree in Planning with Finance and over two decades of experience, working for you, you will likely do better in negotiations. I'd be pleased to provide that service. If you appreciate this answer, please give it a thumbs up, or if this was the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a best answer click.
Great location, close to stuff to do and convenient to Providence Rd, which takes you all the way uptown, or easily to Southpark area. Smaller lots in the neighborhood, so you must have no problems with being close to neighbors. Nice, seem to be well built homes. 2 properties in there currently under contract, shows that the neighborhood still sells, which is good!

If you don't have a buyer's agent and would like representation, it wouldn't cost you anything to use me!

Let me know!

John Siddons
john.siddons@prucarolinas.com
As you have probably guessed, the market has really changed and inventory is at a 5 year low. The homes in McKee Plantation are lovely brick & stone, with bright open floor plans. Lots of hardwood floors and high-end finishes. There are only 2 homes in McKee Plantation currently available on the market, with 3 others under contract. If you are thinking about buying a home in there, I suggest that you do not wait - your dream home may be gone before you know it! Good luck with your search!

Kathleen Turner, ABR, CRS, ePro, Certified Paralegal
The Kathleen Turner Realty Group
Keller Williams
704-609-2688
KathleenTurnerRealty@gmail.com
Good afternoon, rykat1611. This is a lovely Neighborhood. James Custom Homes is a great Builder. Our market has really picked up so there is alot of homes selling in that Community. I really like the general Area and you are right there close to the Union County side of McKee. My family lives in that Area and their family really loves it. If you need any assitance in finding your new home, I would love the opportunity to assist you.

Debbie

Debra M. Buck
Realtor/Broker
HM Properties
704.421.2107 Cell
Debra@hmproperties.com
You have chosen a wonderful neighborhood. If you would like to set up a time to view any of the available homes feel free to call me and I will set it up. 704-619-3971.

Cheers,

Michael Laine
Prudential Carolinas Realty
Great Neighorhood. Give me a call or email and I can help you find the perfect home.

Abby Nelson
704-890-1860
abbynelson@bellsouth.net
I have family living near there. Definitely get yourself a broker to help you if you haven't already!
Oh this is such a beautiful neighborhood! you will not be disappointed with this decision. If you'd like feel free to contact me and I can answer your questions. 7049757616 Jeff Monfils