In My Neighborhood in 60202>Question Details

Laura Weiss…, Both Buyer and Seller in Evanston, IL

These questions are misleading, there are very few apartments in the area and I've never experienced any crime here. The area is located well and you

Asked by Laura Weiss Lyngaas, Evanston, IL Fri Mar 16, 2012

can walk to a grocery, drug store and traiin into Chicago.

Answers

1
Ashur 'Osh' Nissan’s answer
If you are referring to the recent discussion about apartments near Northwestern, some of the replies were not made by real estate professionals (brokers, Realtors, or agents). Virtually all of Evanston is located well for commuters. As to saying if a neighborhood is 'good' or 'bad', that is a big no-no- for a professional. That could land us in jail for something called 'steering'. I'm glad you love Evanston though. It is a great place to live.
We are not in the Northwestern neighborhood and closer to Skokie. I was just saying that the questions, all of them in fact were about drug deals, apartments, which are few and far between in this neighborhood, and section 8 requests. I don't think this is a good representation of the neighborhood and yes, it will end up getting someone in trouble if this keeps up.
Flag Fri Mar 16, 2012