go4it2004, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

These pictures are deceptive. I drove by the house and the outside of the house isn't sky blue it's coffee brown. Why are the pictures different?

Asked by go4it2004, Los Angeles, CA Fri Oct 5, 2012

than the actual color?

Answers

9
Digital cameras can occasionally do strange things in terms of coloration depending on lighting conditions and/or the way the user had the camera settings configured. The fact the the pictures were of poor quality is more a reflection on the listing agent who when looking at them decided they were good enough to use rather than having the shot again or better yet having used a professional photographer to begin with. Doe's it really matter what color the house is, when the day is done it's only paint and paint is the least significant issue to consider when purchasing a home.

Good Luck and happy house hunting.
2 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 6, 2012
You drove by, so you know the color! What does it matter what the photo shows? Maybe its an old photo, maybe it was doctored, maybe it was just overexposed.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 7, 2012
Who cares? Buy it and paint it any color you want.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 6, 2012
If a seller has had a suggestion from their agent that if they can afford to paint and it needed to be painted, they are going to go with a current favorite color palate of buyers. Coffee Brown beats Sky Blue hands down every day in curb appeal. You should be thrilled the sellers painted.
Really? The color of the paint is an issue? Not let's say condition, pricing, location? That's what you should focus on, not color of paint which is the easiest remedy.

Dear Go1it2004,
I am thinking that perhaps they painted? In my opinion, a "picture might paint a thousand words", but nothing beats going to see a property "in person"!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 7, 2012
address for deceptivly colored pictures is 2510 Banyan Drive
What's the address or MLS # ?
Unfortunately, it's not uncommon to see, shall we say, overly flattering photos posted of listings. All I can say is that I try very hard to post accurate professionally shot photos when marketing my listings, but not all agents do that. It's always important to see the actual properties before judging them. I should say too that often photos are so carelessly shot that they make a property look worse than it actually is. I hope that helps.