In My Neighborhood in 10027>Question Details

Lpaige, Home Buyer in 10027

There is an empty lot in Harlem on 125th and Lenox. Are there plans to develop it? I want to buy in the area but that large empty space worries me.

Asked by Lpaige, 10027 Mon Feb 22, 2010

Answers

4
Thank you Paula for the background on this lot and the link. I just signed up as a volunteer maybe I'll meet you at the Halloween Extravaganza
(I've lived in the area for 8.5 years)
The demolition of the buildings on that site coincided with the arbitration of the then proposed, now passed rezoning of 125th Street.
A link to the MMPCIA which meets monthly at 124th Street to discuss neighborhood issues as well as a link to the now passed 125th street rezoning can be found on this page:
http://web.me.com/pzinnyc/Prewar_Condo/Neighborhood.html

MMPCIA may have the answer.

The rumors I have heard is either a Macy's or a Bed Bath and Beyond with parking and condos above.
Hello Lpaige, I am an agent specializing in Harlem and also live here. I know the lot you're talking about, I walk by it all the time and I can find out all the details about it for you. Having said that, this is an exciting time to invest in Harlem, there is a lot of activity going on, and there are smart deals to be had. You can contact me anytime and I would be happy to go over different options available to you.

Sami
917-767-7248
The easiest and most reliable way to handle this is to ask your attorney to investigate that lot right now, before you make any offers--or even do any more shopping. I would not go by hearsay (including, especially, broker hearsay). If there are active plans to develop, your attorney can find out. Also, the attorney can find out how the lot is zoned, so you have some idea of what the future might hold for that land, even if there are no plans on file at the moment. I would also want to know who owns that property--Donald Trump? ;) Seriously, that would be a plus, because it's usually a good move to follow smart investors.

Karla Harby, VP
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Charles Rutenberg Realty, LLC
(917) 365-0876 cell and text messages