Marilyn, Other/Just Looking in 23322

The home prices seem so reasonable in the 19th Ward. Is there a GOOD reason not to look there for a home to purchase?

Asked by Marilyn, 23322 Tue Dec 29, 2009

The only good answers are the ones you find out for your self. Most agents web sites offer statistics on crime and more by zip code. Working with a realestate professions will help. Talk with people that live there. If you don't know anyone visit the local stores ask questons there.
Rob is absolutely right. Stay south of Sawyer and you'll avoid the majority of the crime. Regardless of where you are, I would suggest decent locks and fences to avoid property crimes.

Expect to have to invest at least some money in the properties, but most are wholly livable without improvements.
Well, I hate to say this, but there have been more crime problems there--sadly--so be cautious about the street you buy on. But the homes are gorgeous and a great deal for the money...