Homes, Home Buyer in Eden Prairie, MN

The expansion of airport at eden praire will that in any way effect the community around ryland homes.

Asked by Homes, Eden Prairie, MN Fri Jul 24, 2009

The expansion of airport at eden praire, will that be very close to ryland homes. At what distance it might be. Will that effect the quality of the life, making very noicy.

Answers

3
I used to work for Ryland Homes and worked in that community. This was a question often asked by people considering moving into Hennepin Village. I spoke with the airport commission and the city of Eden Prairie on several occasions. They both expressed the same information. The expansion was being done to extend the runway in accommodation of slightly larger planes. This expansion was needed to relieve the Twin Cities International Airport. I also asked what type of planes would be using the airport that aren’t currently using it and what type of extra noise would they bring. They said that the most apparent need was for private jets that needed a place to stop and refuel during coast to cost trips.

If you want additional information or have friends or family who are interested in this community, I would be glad to assist you.

Jason Lund
Dwell Realty Partners
612.226.6278
jasonlund@dwellrealtypartners.com
The increase in noise is not expected to be a big problem at Flying Cloud airport. Here is a link to the Metropolitan Airports Commission webpage that talks about the noise at Flying Cloud Airport.
Contact the Metropolitan Airport Commission (MAC) to find out the plans, the area covered and the zoning changes contemplated, if any. The city of Eden Prairie also has a planning department and may have some very good information available to you. Your realtor will also be able to help you gather this information. Ig you do not have a realtor, I would be happy to help you. I have served on these community boards and commissions and can look up many of these pieces of information on line. Liz, Realty Associates, LLC, 612-986-4105.