Johngreenink, Home Buyer in Allston, MA

Single Family house between Boston and Maynard aroung $160K or less?

Asked by Johngreenink, Allston, MA Mon Jul 6, 2009

First time home buyer here - Looking through various listings, I'm wondering if there are any homes (not condos) in the general area between Boston MA and Maynard MA that are priced at 160K or under. I know the question is broad, but I'd like to get some idea of what towns would be good for me to look at. My biggest concern is that I have a yard, even if it's not that large. Thanks.

Answers

2
Ma-girl’s answer
I am a resident, not a realtor, and I'll answer your question honestly: Not in a million years. Like me, you may be experiencing the sticker shock of moving to the Boston area from a less-expensive area. For $160K, you might find a decent parking place for your car. This town is really expensive, but it is a joy to live in.
I think you would have to look in Lowell, which isn't between Boston and Maynard, but is about the same distance to Boston.
Web Reference: http://homes.debn.net