Anita, Renter in Orlando, FL

Since Lee Vista is near the airport. Do you hear the air traffic? Specifically at night? Looking to buy a home in this area. Thanks!

Asked by Anita, Orlando, FL Sun Jun 10, 2012

Answers

8
Mike’s answer
Lee vista is one of the closest neighborhoods to the airport on the north side. I lived in Wyndham lakes, which is on the south side for about 4 months, had to move because of the noise. Be careful of the realtors and agents that offer advise that are trying to sell you something., especially the one that offers multiple numbers in this case. He is a bold faced lier!!!! Wouldn't trust him to help me buy a toothpick. Wyndham lakes is right in the landing/tack off patern. You are so close to the airport every plane still has its landing gear down when they fly over. Last time I heard planes still had jet engines. Or maybe they use a rubber band to launch them now so they don't have to use their engines when they take off, in that case maybe there isn't any noise from the planes.
Mike
OIA is America's number 3 airport. Is there noise? Yes, obviously. Will it be so loud as to bother you? That's a question only you can answer. For the vast majority of people the answer is no. As Alan says, drive over and take a listen.

There is a pretty cool brochure on line with some detailed maps of where to expect noise:
http://www.orlandoairports.net/noise/PDF_files/ANAC_Booklet.pdf

Google "OIA noise" and you can find lots more charts.

No noise in Wyndham Lakes, Mike? Really? That's not what the maps say.
It has never bothered me. New turbine technology is very quiet these days.

I know the area very well.

Call me any time at 407-929-9674

Have a great evening,

Alexander
Not really,

Just like anything else, you will get used to the air traffic, Lee Vista area is still a few miles from the Airport so planes are not flying as low as you might think. Once you live in the area, you probably wouldn't even notice unless you look up in the sky. Only about 1/10 of the traffic fly through this area

I would be happy to show and sell you property in this great area.

Feel free to contact me...

Robert Vazquez, Lic. R.E. Sales Associate
FLA RENT, INC. 407-227-9045
email: robert@flarent.com
Funny thing the noise is. When I was station in Hawaii, I used to live in Wheeler Base. Helicopters flew in and out all the time. The first few weeks were not pleasant, but after that it was unnoticeable. Now I have neighbors with small dogs, those animals bark all the time and I can't get used to that annoying noise.
I agree! A yelping dog -- now that's annoying. An occasional airplane flying over when you're outside -- I don't even notice unless I'm talking on the cell phone, and sometimes not even then. Guess I'm used to it now 'cause I couldn't even tell you how many times a day a plane flies over the area.
Flag Sat Jun 16, 2012
as you are in Olando it is a short drive to take a look and a listern !!
There is no noise from the planes in Lee Vista!!!

I leave just next to the airport at Wyndham Lakes and there are no noise from the planes!!!

Mike Wald
English, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish
Central and South Florida's Premier Full-Service Real Estate Organization®
http://www.BestFloridaRealty.com
Phones:
U.S.A.:
Office Miami: +1 786 277-7744
Office Orlando: +1 407 965-2928
Brazil:
Office São Paulo: +55 11 3042-7592
Hi Anita,

Depends on where exactly you are. You can look into the flight patterns. It also depends on the home and how well it is built. I would test it to make sure. Are you working with a Realtor? If you are not lets talk and I can help you figure it out.

Sincerely
Jennifer Barker
561-506-5564
jenniferbarkerrealestate@gmail.com
http://jenniferbarker.bestorlandohomesearch.com/