Arunod Kumar, Home Seller in Santa Fe, NM

Selling price of a 4 bed room 3 baths single family two story stock house.

Asked by Arunod Kumar, Santa Fe, NM Thu Aug 1, 2013

My neighborhood 87507

Answers

4
Right on, Spence! What he said. In the event that you are considering trying to sell your home yourself, here are a few things to consider:
1) sellers using Realtors typically receive a better price for their home, per data collected by the National Association of Realtors (2012 data);
2) sellers without professional representation lack the Errors & Omissions insurance that we all carry, thus missing potentially significant protection for legal claims based on a real estate transaction (the statute of limitations being six years...)
3) working with a Realtor creates maximum marketing exposure for your home, and Realtors representing buyers often won't even show their buyers For Sale By Owner properties, as their chances for receiving compensation for their services is very small.
4) real estate professionals provide thorough service including comprehensive market analysis for the best understanding of how to position your home to sell in a good time frame (or at all...); valuable input on preparing your home for sale with regard to staging and other more minor time or financial investments that can pay back in spades with regards to justifying higher pricing; negotiate with buyers and make sure that you only receive offers from qualified buyers; ensure that all details from offer to close, including inspections, objections, title issues and other possible hiccups, are handled smoothly and on time, alleviating stress and concerns that can arise when these elements aren't handled properly.

Give one of us a shout if you're in the market either way, you won't be sorry you did. Contact the Santa Fe Association of Realtors - http://www.sfar.com - for referrals, or ask a friend who's had a good experience buying or selling!

Kind regards,
Hannah Levbarg
Associate Broker
Coldwell Banker Trails West Realty, Ltd.
505-983-0311 - Direct
505-988-7285 - Office
505-780-0338 - Cell

broker@highdesertdreaming.com
Hi Tanya - Just to be clear, the question was about 4BR/3BA homes in that zip code, and that is the data I provided straight from our MLS. Since your numbers and mine differ, I'm wondering if you used the same parameters, and IF you did, (since you are in Georgia I assume you are not a member of the Santa Fe MLS) where did you pull that data from - so we can stay away from that source!
Thanks.
The highest asking is $1,590,000 the lowest $220,000, the average is around $350,000
In your zip code, as of this morning, here is the price spread for all 15 homes for sale that have 4BR and 3BA :

$585,500 High
$234,900 Low
$383,720 Average
$375,000 Median

For all such homes sold since January 1st of this year (there were 14):
$535,000 High
$179,900 Low
$322,857 Average
$327,810 Median
These sold properties were on the market for an average of 168 days.

You can see there's quite a spread. There are many factors that will determine the fair market value, including location, size of lot, quality of construction and finishes, and the condition of the home.

If you wish to buy or sell such a home, I strongly advise you to call a Realtor to get a professional opinion and to guide you through the process.

If I can assist you, please contact me.
Spencer Ralston
Barker Realty
505-231-1528
Spencer@SantaFeRealEstate.com