In My Neighborhood in 33436>Question Details

E. Lopez, Other/Just Looking in Broward County, FL

Please, give me the lowdown for the 55 residents. I may be relocating from Maryland in November and want to know as much as possible. Shopping,

Asked by E. Lopez, Broward County, FL Mon Apr 26, 2010

entertainment, cultural stuff, traffic problems.

Answers

5
E. Lopez,

There is really no better place for an active adult to land I wanted to take this time to introduce you to Jupiter. Growing up in Iowa I have been somewhat nomadic spending my entire life either building and/or selling real property with stints in the Scottsdale area of Arizona and the Denver market. Having landed in Florida almost 7 years ago I have traveled the state from Jacksonville to Key West on the east coast and Naples to the Panhandle on the west coast and have found PARADISE here in the Jupiter area.

Jupiter enjoys a fantastic seaside location in the northernmost tip of Palm Beach County and has all of the benefits of the perfect southern Florida lifestyle without the traffic and other headaches associated with many of our neighboring communities. The 2000 census had our total population listed as 39,328 but we have grown significantly since then. As with many parts of Florida, water is the main calling card and our beaches are truly the finest you will find anywhere. Easy access, complimentary on street parking, dog friendly and unspoiled; here you will not find the residential and commercial development typical of the shores in other areas.

During the "season" our population swells as we welcome our northern friends affectionately called "snowbirds" who drop in every year to enjoy the charms of our area. Many, after spending seasonal time here, end up becoming year round residents as after experiencing the magical lifestyle upon their trek north realize that there truly is no better place to call "home". It is the same magic that draws numerous well known residents who have homes in Jupiter and the surroundings areas; Tiger Woods, Jack Hanna, Celine Dion, Michael Jordan, Ernie Els, Bryant Gumbel, Burt Reynolds, Joe Namath and the list goes on.

Our employment picture is bright indeed with the recent opening of The Scripps Research Institute with the Max Planck Institute following on their heels. These research facilities and the ancillary businesses they will attract secure a bright future for the Jupiter area. Throw in the honors campus of Florida Atlantic University and Roger Dean Stadium (spring training home of the St. Louis Cardinals and Florida Marlins) in close proximity to these facilities and you have a great picture of the thriving Abacoa development, the "heart" of Jupiter, featuring a 2,200 acre planned unit development with it's own downtown area.

As with many areas, golf is a prime drawing card and the Jupiter area is home to some of the most spectacular courses, both private and public to be found anywhere. Add everything up and you have the paradise that has ended my nomadic ways for good. As Jimmy Buffet sings "I have found me a home"!

But don't take my word for it, please come for a visit and I would be honored to share a cold beverage of your choice at The Square Grouper overlooking the beautiful Jupiter Inlet. After you have soaked up this tremendous location we'll head over to The Food Shack for their incredible sweet potato encrusted fish and you might just ending up becoming Jupiter's newest fan! If anyone would like additional information about my home town please watch my blog and if I you have specific questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
Web Reference: http://www.tompriester.com
Hello E.

Here in Boynton Beach we have several 55+ neighborhoods. Everything from smaller, older single family homes and condos priced from the $100,000s to brand new large luxury homes from about $300k + up. Some neighborhoods have no gate at all, with minimum crime - to guard gated communities.

Many of the communities provide various forms of entertainment. There are pool, clubhouses, fitness centers, etc.

We have a large mall with Macy's, Sears, Dillards, J.C. Penney and many other stores. Down in Boca Raton you will find the Town Center Mall with Saks, Nordstroms, Bloomingdales and more.

Up in West Palm Beach is the Kravis Center with many wonderful acts throughout the year.

Get in touch with me directly and we can discuss exactly what type of neighborhood would be a best fit for you. Once I have a little more information I will be happy to keep you updated on the homes available in that neighborhood.

Nadine Mauro
Realty Hub, Inc.
561-414-0864
NadineMauroRE@yahoo.com
http://www.floridahouseseller.com/
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 26, 2010
Hello E. Lopez

Here in Palm beach county we have a wide variety 55 plus residents. Their are many different amenties to choose from different communites. Some feature many amenties where you would not have to leave your
community. Some have very little amenties. You know the old saying to each is their own. As far a traffic
further you go west of Palm beach county the less traffic problems. Any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Highest regard

Michael Tanner
Keyes Company of Realtor
561-707-1962
hello mr lopez

55+ communities are for people 55+ age group,
also some of them calles active adult community

there are single family home, town home, condo, and mobil home community in 55+group
there are some restrictions , defferent community have defferent restrictions

if u get time to call me at 561-901-4769 or email , camelot_realty@yahoo.com
i can go more detail

thanks

kumar misra
There is much to keep anyone of any age physically active as well as mentally absorbed here. Here's a link: http://tinyurl.com/27cerke
Traffic along local roads is perhaps a tad bit higher during the 4 winter months here but by no means is it unbearable. The Florida Turnpike and I-95 can be congested during morning and evening rush hours. But, it's nothing like LA or NY!

JOAN LORBERBAUM MOORE
Broker Associate, GRI
Lang Realty
9858 Clint Moore Road
Boca Raton, FL 33496
joanmoorerealtor@gmail.com
http://www.boca-delray-boynton.com
561-573-3238 cell
http://www.linkedin.com/in/joanlorberbaummoore
Web Reference: http://tinyurl.com/27cerke