MPenelope, Renter in Mount Laurel, NJ

New college graduate with job in Mt. Laurel, NJ..looking to live in Philadelphia area.

Asked by MPenelope, Mount Laurel, NJ Wed Jun 19, 2013

I am a recent college graduate and just accepted a job in Mt. Laurel, NJ. I am looking to rent an apartment in the Philadelphia area. What are the best areas to live for a recent college grad that is a reasonable commute, safe, but still has a lot going on in terms of nightlife, restaurants, bars, shopping ect.

Answers

4
Andrew Lazur’s answer
I think that it depends on your type of commute. If you need to drive out to the King of Prussia area, then Manayunk is definitely going to cut down on your morning & evening hassle. If you're driving the 95 N/S corridor, then Northern Liberties, Fishtown, and East Passyunk are great options.

Andrew Lazur - Long & Foster Real Estate
http://www.andrewlazur.lnf.com
(215) 356-7175 - andrew.lazur@lnf.com
Manayunk, Northern Liberties and East Passyunk are a lot of fun right now. Manayunk is you classic continuation of college years. Loads of young professionals rent here to spend their weekends bar hopping a shopping. The only downfall is, it can seem slightly removed from center city. NoLibs has a hip community that live, works and plays in a couple square blocks. Be careful though! One block in the wrong direction, and you could find yourself in a slightly sketchy situation. Feel free to call if you have any questions.

Gary Lamach II
http://www.LamachRealEstate.com

Realtor I Prudential Fox & Roach, Realtors I Haverford Station

610.446.1470 I 43 Haverford Station Road I Haverford, PA 19041
The hot, trendy areas right now as far as nightlife, restaurants and walkability would be the Port Richmond, Fishtown Northern Linerties section which is very accessible to the Betsy Ross Bridge. Please give me a call and I can send you a few listings in these areas 267-970-3952.
First of all,Congrats! I can definitely help you, there are some nice areas available. My number is 484-252-6325. Call me and we can discuss.