Rick Hand, Home Buyer in 92126

My wife and I are thinking about retiring around Hulen area and wondered if someone could please give me the pros and cons of living there?

Asked by Rick Hand, 92126 Mon Jul 16, 2012

Answers

6
Hi Rick!

Realtors are no authorized to discriminate when discussing locations for Homeownership.
What we can offer you is crime statistics for various area codes. This helps you make an informed decision. Also, what type of recreation do you enjoy? What proximity is hospitals, infratructure and shopping is acceptable for you?
Many folks ask pretty basic questions when relocating. I am a very thorough Realtor that will provide you with detailed information regarding home values, property taxes, future plans for expansion and information that is helpful in knowing how the area appears now and what the future may hold.

Feel free to contact me:

Mahalo (Thank You)
Lucy A. Puniwai
REALTOR®
(214)783-6416 - Cell/TEXT
(682-224-8050 - Fax

puniwai@fathomrealty.com

http://WWW.puniwai.fathomdallas.com/agents/6440-Lucy-Puniwai

In God we Trust
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 16, 2012
Great location, but you will pay a premium. Very established and the draw is Camp Bowie, TCU and the surrounding shops, restuarants and easy access off I-30. It really depends on what you are looking for. Generally speaking homes are older. Majority of new growth north Fort Worth in the I-35 corridor where you can get 2-3 times the home for much less.

Southlake is generally much newer, out of the freeway hustle and a more DFW centralized location.
I lived in the Hulen area when I was 16 and I am in my 40's now. It was "the place to be" then. In 2003 when my father passed, it was still "the place to be", although I went to a school way across town. (Castlebery High-Not recommended)

The houses are awesome and cheap compared with Florida where I was at the time I came home in 2003 and Seattle where I am now.

I have a few friends that are still in the area. One owned a pet store and sold it and the other a Jewelry store and sold it and now owns a Pawn shop (On Berry-somewhere) however, they both live in amazing homes. One was just built in 2003 and was over 4000 SQ FT and was just about $200,000. In Florida we had a home built that was 2213 SQ feet and had a pool put in and it was only $160,000) but that was when the market was low. Now it appraises at over $363,000.

I grew up in River Oaks, which isn't too far away, but is really run down. I hear that a lot of people are moving to the Hulen Area. I had a friend graduate from Arlington Heights off Camp Bowie and loved it.

Since I am not a realtor I can tell you that crime was and, according to my friends, is still low and there IS a lot of traffic, but you won't be disappointed there and telling your new friends that you live in that area is a great thing too.

Good luck, I'd give anything to move back home, but it is amazing here in Seattle and I love it in the Northwest where there are mountains and snow.
Rick,

There really aren't a whole lot of cons to the Hulen area. A couple things to keep in mind, because it is conveniently located to so many things is the traffic. The home prices are a little higher than other parts of Fort Worth. Although home values have stayed pretty constant. It really is a nice area with a lot of things to do. (Shopping, Restaurants, TCU and it is close to the cultural district and downtown.)

My office is located right on Hulen if you would like to contact me for information about homes in the area I would love to talk with you.

Thank You,
John Reaves
817-789-5542 (cell)
817-920-7700 (office)
http://www.cowtownhomesales.com
Yes lots and lots of activities. Restaurants and shopping abound. Traffic is the major con in this area.

A very popular and desired area!

Give me a call and we can discuss specifics,

Brian
Brian@brants.com
817.988.1588
Of course it is close to shopping areas, which is a plus. But it is also close to Benbrook Lake and all the activities in and around there for outdoor fun. Once the new freeway is finished, there will be easy access to all areas of DFW as well.

The cons are that traffic is congested on Hulen Street and Bryant Irvin, but there are other ways in and out of the area, such as Granbury Road.