In My Neighborhood in 80813>Question Details

Afranz5825, Home Buyer in Cripple Creek, CO

My questions is related to Roads: I understand that the roads within the 80813 are Durt Road. However, are they passable during rain and/or snow. Are?

Asked by Afranz5825, Cripple Creek, CO Mon Jan 7, 2013

4-wheel drive vehicles required? Does county plow the road during winter if needed?

Answers

3
We have a mixture of paved, chip and seal and dirt roads. Primary maint is by Teller County unless there is a private maint. agreement for the road or if its a Forest service road. A portion of 80813 include City and State roads. I own and use a 4 wheel drive but its not often and I also change my tires from summer to snow each year. Most of the time I do just fine in my little car. Having grown up in the midwest, our winters here are very mild and not as snowy.
Many of the roads are dirt roads, but not all. Many of the roads are maintained by the county, but not all.

I'm from MN, so I have no problem driving on rough roads or 6 inches of snow with a 2 wheel drive vehicle. It's not ideal but I grew up with it so it's not a big deal.

I would recommend having a 4-wheel drive vehicle to most people. This isn't a scenario you see on TV where you're stuck for the winter because of isolation, but rough weather does happen and you want to be prepared for it.
Kevin and Jessica,

Thank you for replying to my questions. It means alot and I appreciate your answer. I do have family living in the Colorado Springs area and after visiting for several years I have come to love the area, i.e. Cripple Creek, Woodland Park, and even Canon City. I'm planning to retire in about 2 years, however, my Wife will still be working as a Certified School Teacher hopefully in the community we may move to.

Once again, thank you very much and I will stay in contact.

Respectfully,

Al
Flag Tue Jan 15, 2013
You should definitely commit to one Realtor, your personal Buyers Agent not only to find you the right home, in the right location at the right price but for so many other reasons, to find out why read on:

WORK WITH A REALTOR, YOUR PERSONAL BUYERS AGENT
I am wondering why you ask this question here at Trulia, if you are an interested and determined
buyer, you definitely should connect with a local Realtor, a buyers Agent, ie a Realtor who will be on
your side, protecting your interests, finding the right property, arrange showings, answer all your
questions, help you right a good offer, get you also pre-approved for a loan, and negotiate on your behalf the very best sale price and terms and if you commit to one trusted Realtor, he or she will commit 100 % to you and his or her services if you make an offer on a property listed by a Realtor/Brokerage in the multiple listing service will be FREE to you, as Buyers Agents are usually
paid by the seller's side, out of the sellers proceeds at the closing table...ALL THAT IS REQUIRED FROM YOU TO WORK ONLY WITH ONE REALTOR AND TO BE 100 % LOYAL TO YOUR PERSONAL BUYERS AGENT!

Why would you want to do this on your own, when there are so many details to be taken care of the
right way and so many details need to be paid attention to, inspection appraisals, loan commitment, walk thru etc. etc. in order to bring an offer to a fully executed contract and that to successful closing and home purchase.

Give it a second thought and hopefully you will decide to work with a trusted Realtor, who is experienced in your areas of interest. Please commit to only ONE Realtor!! If you need recommendations get back to me I gladly forward you names..

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert

Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE 
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties ---- EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
get to know me better and learn about my experience, expertise, services available and letters of recommendation of former clients..... Also you can sign up on my site to search for properties in my expanded service area. HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
Ma'am,

Please forgive for saying; I cannot believe what I just read. All I ask was a simple question and I should have receive a simple and direct answer. Thank you. I now know whom not to go too.

Respectfully,

Al
Flag Tue Jan 15, 2013