In My Neighborhood in 48507>Question Details

carolarmstro…, Home Owner in Flint, MI

My parents built this house and I grow up here. I am reading all these story and this is very sad to me this place was a very nice area to live in. I

Asked by carolarmstrong.ca, Flint, MI Wed Jul 25, 2012

am now 50 years old and I had many many happy times there. what is flint coming to these days.

Answers

8
Cmipilot2002’s answer
The vast majority of homes in this neighborhood that are vacant due to the owners walking away have been vandalized. Copper stolen, anything of value taken. The area has changed substantially in the last 20 years and violence, prostitution and other illegal activities are rampant. There was a triple homicide a few blocks away last fall, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.
no our last name was FYVIE. And my mothers name was Betty.
Today I signed a purchase agreement and put a down payment on this house. I'm from Waterford and am not familiar with the area so its nice to read good things that I made a good choice. My closing is scheduled for March 4, 2013. Why did you take the pool?
I live two houses away and haven't seen anyone move in recently..?
i am looking at properties in flint. some are 2,000 , 3,000, dolllars can someone please tell me why these properties are so cheap? whats going on in flint. will housing market turn around to a stable housing market where homes are not worth so little?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 18, 2012
NOT ANYTIME SOON MAYBE 10-15 YEARS DOWN THE ROAD
Flag Tue Feb 5, 2013
I lived right around the corner on Buckingham! Was your mom Muriel? We were the Barrows. What a great neighborhood that area was! Flint has changed so much.
Lynn
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2012
Flint did go through some changes with the loss of the GM Buick plant but some there are very nice areas there. We all have memories of where we grew up but with age comes change. I am sure who ever lives there now will grow up with great thoughts also.
i am purchasing this house next week...neighborhood is still very good there..my 5th house in flint ..personally i think flint is quite nice...at least most areas..ny john
I am not sure who Carol Armstrong is but my father built that house. I have the pictures to prove it. I lived there from 1958 through 1971 but the house was built before that. My siblings lived there longer than I did. It was a nice house. Glad you are purchasing this. Hope you have a great time there.
Flag Fri Oct 12, 2012