In My Neighborhood in 27511>Question Details

Nancy Kimber…, Home Buyer in Asheville, NC

My husband and I are recently retired, living in Southern CA and are thinking of moving to the area, we have children in N Carolina. How far is Cary?

Asked by Nancy Kimberlin, Asheville, NC Mon Jan 9, 2012

from museums, theatre, restaurants and other cultural activities? Also is there an active senior community?
Nancy

Answers

8
Hi Nancy,

I specialize in Active Adult living in the Triangle so I work with many active adults moving to the area to be near families. Many clients I work with indicate that they like the Triangle because we are so close to three major univiersities, have an extensive medical system w/Duke, UNC, and Wake Med. We also have the new Durham Performing Arts Center and the performing arts center in Downtown Raleigh. I have linked to a video on the area you might enjoy.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 27, 2012
Hi Nancy,

Cary is a wonderful place to live! There are several active senior communites in the area. Depending on where in Cary you are, it's a short drive, around 20 minutes, to museums and theatres. Cary offers lots of shopping, movie theatres, parks, walking trails, and much more. And, like Southern California, there's lots of sunshine here. Let me know if you'd like a tour of the area, or more specific information.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 15, 2012
Cary is a bedroom community of Raleigh, with Raleigh being the capitol of NC. I have sold many homes to parents of children who live in the area.

There is an active senior community in Cary which my own mother had been very active. You would love the area. They go on trips together and have many activities for seniors to participate. I would love to discuss this with you.

If you would like, you may call me at (919) 782-2417 Home Office or (919) 599-7486 Mobile. I am a licensed realtor with Raleigh Cary Realty. You can send me email to: janetsher@gmail.com if you prefer.

I look forward to your contacting me. Thank You and best wishes in your move!

Janet Sher
The Triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill and surrounding areas) are consistently ranked among the Best Places to Live for a number of reasons; climate, quality of life, education, cultural attractions, and world class medical facilities to name a few. Many retirees choose to call this area home, so you will be in good company. To familiarize yourself with the area please take a look at my Area Guides and Neighborhood Video Tours at (TriangleCoast.com) If you'd like to find out more please don't hesitate to contact me.
Margaret Moore
919-971-1089
Margaret@TriangleCoast.com
Triangle & Coast Realty
Cary is very convenient to Raleigh and Durham, both of which offer a wide variety of art, entertainment and cultural events. The Cary Senior Center is expansive and I know many seniors who volunteer with different oganizations in the area. I just love Cary and I used to live in San Diego, so I know what your concerns are. Cary is great becasue it is a short drive to the ocean and the mountains are nearby as well.

Best of luck to you, feel free to call or email me directly if you have other questions.

Tammi Knapp
Coldwell Banker, HPW
Knappt@HPW.com
919-317-4361
http://Www.TammiKnapp.com
You will love it. My neice and her husband live in the Cary area.

I am originally from Los Angeles (San Gabriel Valley) and my brothers still live in Huntington Beach and Montebello. I moved to NC about 20 yrs ago for school-- loved it and stayed.

Cary is near Raleigh and you will find that communities in NC are very much like suburbs along the freeway in SoCa. You don't really always know when you are in one town to the next. So, generally within a 1 hour drive of Cary you will have EVERYTHING you could want in a community.

Excellent museums, theatre, restaurants and cultural activities. Sports, entertainments, golf, and the list goes on.

I look forward to my parents retiring and coming to live near me in NC. The weather is great. You'll love it.

*****************************
If this answered your question, please give me a "THUMBS UP" or "BEST ANSWER"-- thanks!
*****************************
Web Reference: http://www.natewolf.com
A lot of seniors follow their adult children to NC from all over the country. Cary is very centrally located within the county and near all the major highways. Cary itself has some of those that you mentioned and also downtown Raleigh, which is about 20-30 mins away depending on where in Cary you are. Google maps can give you specifics for certain things.
Go to one of the map programs such as MapQuest, Google, or Yahoo, punch in the zip codes and you'll have an accurate answer.