philandsarah, Home Buyer in Detroit, MI

My husband and I are considering selling our home in Royal Oak and buying a house in Palmer Woods. My question is about the home insurance:

Asked by philandsarah, Detroit, MI Mon Apr 22, 2013

I have heard both our home and car insurance will skyrocket. Any feedback?

Answers

4
S. Toni Jennings’ answer
Phil and Sarah,

While it may be true that your insurance rates will increase, please keep in mind that the Palmer Woods & Sherwood Forest Districts are patrolled by a private security company employed by the homeowners association. You may want to check with your insurance provider to see if there's a discount available for this type of private service.

In regards to auto insurance, Gov. Snyder just recently proposed revamping MI's auto insurance system which may cause a reduction in insurance rates statewide. I have my fingers crossed!

I'd be more than happy to discuss this with you further. Our brokerage specializes in homes in Detroit's Historical Districts as well as luxury lofts and condos in the growing Midtown, Downtown & Riverfront Districts.

Looking forward to assisting you!

S. Toni Jennings | Realtor®
City Living Detroit | Redefining Urban Living
444 West Willis, Ste. 108, Detroit, MI 48201
Mobile: 313.409.4740
Main: 313.242.7800

CityLivingDetroit |
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 22, 2013
My name is Crystal Hardison and yes this is correct that your Home Insurance and also your Auto Insurance will increase. You will also be paying city taxes. Palmer Woods is a lovely area to live in just as Royal Oak. I can assist you further. Please call me at 313-790-4484 or email me at crystal@crystalhardison.com
Phil & Sarah,

Good Evening!

I would highly recommend that you contact your current insurance carrier and ask. They should be able to give you an estimate. In my opinion I would assume the insurance on both the home and cars will raise considerably. Also, the property taxes will most likely be higher.

If you need the assistance of a Realtor to assist you with the sale and purchase I would be happy to help.

Have a blessed evening!

Karen Paytas, GRI, CMS
Real Living Kee Realty
586-709-8465
kpaytas@mirealsource.com
Hey Phil and Sarah

My name is Daniel Wilson Im a Realtor with Keller Williams Realty, I would be Happy to assist you guys with your housing transition from royal oak to Palmer woods, its a great area to live in however your home and auto insurance will increase due to the higher crime rate than Royal oak but overall the area is quite nice and acceptive to new neighbors

Dan
313 574-2354
Dwilson3395@gmail.com