In My Neighborhood in 32967>Question Details

Celinasma99, Home Buyer in Vero Beach, FL

My daughter will be entering 7th grade. what is the name of the middle school she will be going to.?

Asked by Celinasma99, Vero Beach, FL Sat May 14, 2011

Answers

6
You will find that most of the schools here have a list of requirements that at first blush seem very restrictive; however, my own experience is that as long as the children behave appropriately and excel in the class curriculum teachers and administrators tend to ease up on the criterion for uniform within reason. For example, accessorizing your uniform with leggings, jewelry, make-up, shoe selection etc is likely not a problem. So make not a big deal of it and neither will your daughter. Have fun with it. Go to the mall before school start and see what other children in her age range are buying and wearing so she'll feel like 'one of them' with of course her own personal style, too. There is a fun accessory store, Claires at our local 'Indian River Mall' one of a national chain http://www.claires.com/ . This will ease the transition for all of you! Good luck and call, text or email me for help in securing housing, be it rentals or a purchase!
Ok Thanks for the info on the collard shirts I really appreciate it. Do u know if they are allowed to where leggings under their skirts? She is now wearing them under her shorts. BTW It has finally felt really warm only this week up here . Thanks again, Patty Graceffa
There is also Gifford Middle School; however, I am not sure since the new school has been finished if you would be eligible. Nonetheless, the Storm Grove is clean, new and eco-friendly. Good luck and try American Eagle Outfitters or another popular young fashion store in the mall for cooler collared shirts that may make it more palatable to attend a school with school uniforms.
Thanks Michelle & George, I found out that my daughter will be going to Storm Grove. Im filling out her papers now we are suppose to be moving into Hidden Lake the second week in July. Shes not too happy about the special clothes she has to wear. She doenst own any collar shirts LOL o well
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 28, 2011
Hi Celina, I have children whom attend the public schools here in town. Gifford Middle School and Oslo Middle School are your Vero Beach public school system choices at that grade level. Call me and I can help you better understand which areas are likely to suit your needs with regards to your top priorities and what other (school) options may also be available. Michelle Kantzler @ 772-538-4017. Good luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 14, 2011
The school boundaries have changed recently. It is best if you call the School Board, give them the address of the home where you will be living, and they can advise you accurately about the school serving that address.
The School Board phone is (772) 564-3000. Their web site is http://www.indianriverschools.org/Pages/default.aspx

I hope this helps you.
George Prescott, Realtor, Vero Beach, Florida (772) 299-1302 prescott_realtor@yahoo.com