In My Neighborhood in 50703>Question Details

nokmirt, Other/Just Looking in Waterloo, IA

My daughter lives there she has been broken into twice. She says the landlord is a scum lord who will not fix anything. Does anyone know who the?

Asked by nokmirt, Waterloo, IA Tue Jul 31, 2012

landlord is for this rathole???? 209 Mulberry Street. The place needs a heap of work and it is unsafe. My three grandchildren live there and I do not want something to happen to them. Let me know what you know about this place and how to contact the landlord. Thank you.

Fred Herman’s answer
As a tenant, your daughter has a reasonable expectation of habitability which includes not only an apartment in good condition, but also privacy and safety/security.

Hopefully, your daughter has documented request to fix/repair defective items/problems.

if the break-ins were due in whole or part to the building not being properly secured, i.e. the entrance door lock is chronically not working and therefore not preventing unauthorized access, the landlord can/may be held responsible for the loss/damage your daughter sustained.

if possible, your daughter should move out. also she should contact a lawyer.

good luck
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 10, 2013
You can find information about the property on the Black Hawk County website at:
I recommend that you contact your local Housing Authority directly. You can google Tenant Rights in IA.

Agents are not going to post the owners name publically.

All the best to you.
Web Reference: