Kathleen Rou…, Home Buyer in Phoenix, AZ

My daughter is interested in a house. Location 2209 E Grenadine Rd. What are your thoughts buying in this neighborhood? Kathy

Asked by Kathleen Routt, Phoenix, AZ Sun Oct 16, 2011

Answers

5
EdithJasser YourRealtor4Life’s answer
Steering!!! Realtors by law Kathleen cannot comment on good bad or ugly of certain neighborhoods or show only in one or the other, or not showing in one for any reason..... Therefore your question cannot really be
answered here.

But there are ways to find out things about areas, cities, suburbs and neighborhoods ON THE internet....
If your daughter is interested in a certain property, then she should try to find out anything she can about the area, she can drive through at different times of the day and days of the week, explore shopping, restaurants and parks, read all she can find on the internet on the towns website, she can find other info on the internet as well that she may want to know about, like schools etc. and a visit to the local police department I always suggest to my buyers if they are not familiar with the town, area or neighborhood where they want to see homes....

Your daughter will have to do some research on her own, and sometimes it helps to think
"if the price seems to be too good to be true - double check and double check again" because
one usually pays for what one gets....

Working with a local Realtor to find her home is highly suggested, as the Realtor will know what she needs
in way of style, size and price of home, and explore what is available and where....

Good luck in her search and bravo to the loving MOM trying to help out her daughter :)

Edith YourRealtor4Life! And Chicago&NorthernIllinois and North Shore Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients ...
Realtors can’t comment on this question. Can get them into trouble. Steering. But I can comment. If yer daughter buys there make sure she gets a loud alarm system, a gun and a vicious hungry pity bill to guard the house.

Welcome to South Phoenix.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 16, 2011
This question IS a subjective question. It is not the responsibility of a REALTOR to determine whether a property or neighborhood is right for a buyer. Through due diligence and investigate your daughter can determine if the property and surrounding area has the features and amenities she most desires. The REALTOR's "thoughts" , although helpful, are not as important as your duaghter's thoughts and impressions.

The Buyer's Advisory as mentioned previously may prove to be one of the better resources for your daughter to reference.
Kathleen,

It certalinly appears to be an awesom property. It would be important to get to know your daughter and what her concerns are and her areas of interest.
You can great homes in some areas that may be questionable as far as a buyers wishes are.

Feel free to contact me with direct questions.
Hi Kathleen

You are asking such a subjective question. It is hard to answer without knowing your daughter and her concerns. Buying a home involves so many variables, it is difficult to address them in this type of forum. I suggest you start with the Buyer's Advisory, http://www.aaronline.com/documents/buy_advis.pdf. This document is a good place to start your research and gives you all types of additional resources. Next, I suggest you find a good buyer broker. Someone who has a lot of transactions under their belt and hire them to help you. Often the cost of the buyer broker's services are covered by the seller of the property.

I hope this is helpful.

Fred Shocklie
Owner
602-330-1840
Web Reference: http://www.morechoices.net