Darlenevlach…, Renter in Memphis, TN

My dad lives there i wont to move back there near him is that a bad idea

Asked by Darlenevlachos, Memphis, TN Tue Apr 24, 2012

Answers

5
If you are looking to rent, I can help you with that. We need good people in our houses.
My email is alex@lainerei.com
Got to live close to him he lives on my terrace at least 15 min. From him
I disagree. Frayser is awful. Nothing to out there. Forget it if you want to go out to eat and dine somewhere besides McDonalds. Crime is high. Almost everyone that rents from us has a criminal record of some sort. 90% of everyone we rent to is getting some sort of government aid and most are scamming the system. To me, Frayser is the worst place on earth. I have yet to find anything good come out of there. We manage a lot of homes and they constantly get vandalized when tenants move out. The sad thing is the neighbors are the ones who vandalize the homes. We have found a chopped up car in the backyard of a house we manage.

The only good part of Raleigh is the Covington Pike / Stage area. We had a house on Kerwin get shot up twice.

If you are buying, I would never buy a house in those areas. Virtually all sales in Frayser are investor sales. Most sales in Raliegh are investor. If you can get into the Stage/Covington Pike area and you are buying, then you will be ok. I bought a foreclosure over there for $55,000 and it rented for $1,050. We are getting $995 a month rent. In my opinion, for a little more, you can find houses in Bartlett, which is much better then Raleigh.
you are so wrong most of bartlett tn people came from raleigh,bartlett is only 5 minutes from raleigh
Flag Wed Oct 17, 2012
I agree and disagree. My family has owned a home in Frayser for over 25 years and we have not had any problems. True, you have to go to other parts of the city to get good dining. I also own a home in Frayser. I have lived there for over 2 years now and I have not had any problems. In my community all the neighbors look out for one another. We often have many activities for the children in our area. We created our own neighborhood watch and a host of other things going on. Our neighborhood is clean(we all make sure it stays that way) the lawns are well taken care of and the properties are well taken care of. I DO Not get government assistance. I think that it may be the people you choose to rent your properties.
Flag Wed Apr 25, 2012
I am not familiar with the area. The question is what is your ultimate goal? Family is very important to me and to be close to family is priceless. I no longer have my parents so I may be partial.

If you are moving from one area to another and are not familiar with the area you are moving to, you are doing the right thing in research. Talk with local people, agents, businesses, and so forth.

Work, community, affordability, weather, all make a difference. If you own a property and selling to move would you be able to move back if it didn't work out? I know this first hand.
Web Reference: http://www.terrivellios.com
Raleigh and Frayser are still great areas to live in. Just as in most cities some areas of all neighborhoods are not so diserable. Please let me know if you need more information on either of these areas. Thanks!

Sharon Brown
Crye-Leike, Realtors
901-355-7271