In My Neighborhood in 92064>Question Details

David Rudd, Real Estate Pro in San Diego, CA

My clients move to Poway for many reasons - typically PUSD and community feeling top the list. Why do your clients move to Poway?

Asked by David Rudd, San Diego, CA Thu Feb 6, 2014

Answers

3
The reasons why people find Poway ("The City in the Country") so appealing are plentiful. As many people understand, a fabulous school district is not only wonderful for the students themselves, but it helps maintain and improve home values. The Poway Unified School District (having gone through it myself), is simply spectacular. As we all know, education is key and this is one of the primary drivers in having clients move to Poway.

As you may or may not know, there are plethora of professional athletes that have chosen to make Poway their hometown. Once again, this may have to do with the schools, but you can also get a ton of land and privacy in Poway. When you compare how far the dollar travels in Poway, compared to the coast, there really is no comparison. When you consider that the average temperature is probably 10 or so degrees warmer than the coast and you can bank on sunny, clear days (as opposed to the fog), you can see why many choose to live in Poway. To have the luxury of living in amazing homes, yet still being within a 20-30 minute drive (via the 56) of the coast, you can't go wrong taking up residence in Poway.

There are many other great reasons to live in Poway. There are an abundance of trails for hiking and biking. Lake Poway offers a great place to picnic, fish, hike, relax, et.al. Next door to Lake Poway is Blue Sky reserve, which has first class hiking. There are several great sports programs offered throughout the community as well.

As a resident of Poway, I can definitely vouch for it as a great place to take up residence!

Chad Basinger, REALTOR, CPA, CFP
chad@chadbasinger.com
858-997-3704
Web Reference: http://www.chadbasinger.com
I agree - the Poway Unified School District, but getting that benefit without having heavy HOA/Mello Roos plus getting more land. It's why I own in Poway.
Mainly because of the high-ranking school district and for the city's amenities such as the trails that run throughout the town. It is truly an amazing place to live, however because the school is ranked so high and because it is so desirable, it drives up home prices tremendously.