RJ, Home Buyer in Maplewood, NJ

Moving to Yale for part-time graduate/post-doc studies. Looking tp buy for a 1-2 BR around Yale. Any suggestions?

Asked by RJ, Maplewood, NJ Fri Feb 17, 2012

Gillian Goldrich’s answer
Hi Raj,

As you can see from all the responses you are getting regarding your housing question for the Yale area, there are many REALTORs who can help you with your search. I am extremely familiar with this area and while I do not work this area exclusively, I have sold and rented many homes, condos and apartments in the area. When chosing a REALTOR you should be looking for a professional, who works full-time and has a good handle on the current market. In CT we have buyer agency, unlike New Jersey. With a Buyer Agent you will have someone who is working on your behalf to help you find your new home and will be able to negotiate the best deal on your behalf. Buyer agency is required by law in our state, so you should expect that you will be asked to sign a buyer agency agreement once you pick your agent. Once you are under the agency agreement you will be required to work with your agent exclusively for the term of your agreement. Take the time to interview agents, and select the one who suits your needs and style the best. The best transactions happen when you have an agent you like and trust. Feel free to contact me with further questions or if you would like to interview me. Thank you. Gillian Goldrich, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage 203-816-5285 - Licensed in CT
Hi RJ,

There are plenty of apartments that fit your description and I would be happy to show you my listings at 122 court st, which is two blocks from the campus, among others. My cell is 203-645-1213. I am the developer as well as the listing Realtor for these new condos. Prices for condos near Yale have been reduced by up to 40%. it is a good time to buy.
Web Reference: http://www.Wareck.com
Hi, I'm with H. :Pearce Company Realtors in New Haven. Our office is right on the edge of the Yale campus, and we help many Yale people find places to live. Here is my confact information. I'd be happy to help.
Stephanie Rank
H. Pearce Company
32 Whitney Ave.
New Haven, CT 06510
(203) 776-1899 ext. 723
I would be happy to help you, I acutally live only a couple of miles from Yale. Please feel free to give me a call 203-606-8175.
Hello RJ,

There are a lot of options available. There would be much more criteria needed on the home that will suit your needs to even begin.

I suggest you seek the assistance of a Realtor that is familiar with the area such as myself. Give me a call if you need assistance.

Cedrc McNeil
Keller WillIams