In My Neighborhood in 33321>Question Details

Sheila Lobel, Home Buyer in Boca Raton, FL

Most if not all condos - NO PETS. I, myself, am looking to purchase in a pet-friendly community in Tamarac 0r Boca. Ifn you know of any, please let

Asked by Sheila Lobel, Boca Raton, FL Wed Oct 17, 2012

me know. Thanks.

Answers

6
There are some pet friendly condos in both areas. Most have restrictions on weight and breed.
2 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 21, 2012
Sheila,

I'm not in the Tamarac or Boca area but I have a 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath Townhouse for
sale in Davie/Ft. Lauderdale and you can have all the pet's you want without any limit
on their size. My home is approx 2100 sq. ft and has newly tiled floors, the kitchen has
been updated and has all the appliances. There's also a hot water heater, washer and
dryer. The master bedroom is 18x16 and has an attached balcony and a private bath
area behind bedroom. The other 2 bedrooms are a nice size. The complex has a pool,
sauna, basketball/tennis courts, clubhouse and a playground. The monthly maintenance
of $311 cover's garbage, cable, interior/exterior pest control, outside insurance, lawn
care and all poutside dwelling including the roofs which are concrete and approx 6-7
years new. Bergeron's Rodeo Arena is located behind the complex if you enjoy country
activites,festivals, rodeo's and live concert's. Daycare and all grade level schools including
Nova and Nova Universities 4 year medical college are located within blocks as well as
grocery stores, malls and shopping centers. Easy access to I595, I95 and Fla's turnpike.
Great neighbors, friendly neighborhood with kid's AND pet's welcomed. Home is priced at
$167,900. If your interested, you can call me at 954-792-0816 or email me at imor266@aol.com

Thanks!

Ilene Morrison
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 20, 2012
We run into the same dilemma in Scottsdale, AZ. Many condo communities will not allow dogs or if they do, they must be 25 pounds or less.
Correct; it isn't easy to find dogs friendly condos for NEW will be owners:(
BUT, there are some, never the less
Find yourself a good Realtor....

Meir Aloni & Team

CRS (Certified Residential Specialist)

CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert)

RECS (Real Estate Cyberspace Society)

Successfully selling Broward County since 1986!

Direct phone# 954-338-5220 http://www.WeSellBroward.com

All Star Realty Inc.
Sheila,

You are correct about it being more difficult to find a pet-friendly condo building in South Florida. While there are some buildings that may accept cats, there are fewer that accept small dogs (under 15 pounds) and even fewer that accept larger dogs (over 15 pounds).

Don't get discouraged!

If you aren't already working with a Realtor, I recommend that you find one you trust and work with them exclusively. A Realtor can do all the legwork for you and present you with condo homes that meet your criteria. Plus, there is no cost to you for a Realtor's services.

Best of luck with your search! Your perfect home is out there.

Chad Gray PA, Realtor
Luxury Living Fort Lauderdale
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate
754-300-6040

100% of clients rated our service as "EXCELLENT"!
http://luxurylivingfortlauderdale.com/what-clients-are-saying/

What type of pet do you have? If you have a dog, how large is he/she?

The MLS is a great place to start your search as there is a field that indicates whether or not a condo accepts pets.

Please feel free to contact me:

Desare Kohn-Laski
Skye Louis Realty
954-529-9203