In My Neighborhood in 32224>Question Details

ajjq185, Home Buyer in Jacksonville, FL

Me and my wife have decided to buy an investment property in Jacksonville, do I need a realtor or a mortgage broker?

Asked by ajjq185, Jacksonville, FL Sat Nov 24, 2012

We have done our research and are interested in buying we have 20% down and have a target price of no more than 85k. we are still trying to figure out if we want to purchase a foreclosure or a shortsale. Where should we start?

Answers

10
You start with a REALTOR and Mortgage broker at the same time (As close as possible to the same time).

A good REALTOR can give you super advice and guidance to the home buying and can do a general price evaluation to be sure the house should be worthwhile.

Your best bet for a successful transaction in a timely manner would be to go after a "Bank Owned" property or what is known as an REO. DO NOT buy a supposedly "Bank Owned" home that is not listed with a REALTOR.

If I can answer an other questions for you please contact me or use the replay link below.

"Good Luck"

J.D. "Dan" Weisenburger
Broker-Associate
Coldwell Banker Vanguard Realty
It depends on your level of experience as an investor and your willingness to accept risk. Ask yourself these 6 questions:
1. Am I knowledgeable enough to navigate the process?
2. Do I know the rental market?
3. What is the best price range for an investment property in Jacksonville?
4. Do I have skills or funds to get the property in Rent Ready Condition?
5. Can I manage a rental property myself?
6. Do I know a property management professional who will give me guidance?

If you are going to buy a property that is advertised by a Realtor, then a Realtor will be involved. If you are going to borrow 80% then a lending professional will be involved. If you are going to buy a property directly from an owner/seller I advise you to seek out a competent attorney who also does closings.
If you aren't sure about enlisting a Realtor, I suggest you take a day or two and read some of the questions we deal with here:
We are constantly surprised by the pitfalls and pratfalls.
People think that they can conduct real estate surgery on themselves; and they do!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 25, 2012
ajjq185

Good Day

An agent is an invaluble asset . If your looking for a good rental property give me a call My father died a few months ago and his house is for sale. Not listed yet. But I grew up in that neighborhood. There are people that have been there for 30 to 40 years and are good people to have around. The house is very well maintained and located close to schools, shopping and churches. If your really looking for an easy to rent good investment give me a call.

Best Regards

Doug Casteel
Broker/Owner
Castle Realty

904-463-4264
In answer to your question, you need both, a Realtor to help you locate & purchase the property & a Mortgage Brooker to help you finance the property. I am a Realtor & my husband is a Builder & BrookerAssoc. We work together to help our Buyers find & purchase their perfect homes or investments. I am a Jacksonville native & my husband has built homes here for over 35 years, & we personally own several investment properties ourselves. We have the knowledge & expertise to walk you through finding your investment,
making an offer, & purchasing the property. Please call/email/text if you would like me to email you detailed reports with pictures, of properties that might work for you, once you pick out a few you're interested in, we'll be more than happy to show the properties to you.
Thank you for your question & time,
Brenda Waters, Realtor
(904) 707-7077
Brendawaters@bellsouth.net
Sam Folds, Inc., Realtors
We are a husband and wife team and work with buyers and sellers both on investment properties. Are your plans going to be to rent it out after you purchase?
We are both life long residents of Jacksonville (born and raised) and know the current market very well on what areas are the best for investment. There are several townhome communities that are newer and have really good values at the present time for an investment property. Purchasing a newer home or condo is normally better than an older home that may require expensive maintenance and repair.

We offer a Free buyer's consultation where we can go over with you and discuss short sales, foreclosure properties and other homes currently on the market. We can show you these homes and email you listings currently on the market that will give you more detailed information and photos of homes.

We have the expertise ,experience, and knowledge required to ensure that for our Buyers, we assist you in locating the "Perfect Home" at the right price, in the time frame you desire.  

We offer many services for our Buyers that include:

Market Analysis Report on communities
Step by step guidance on the home buying process
Providing the best financing options
Negotiating on your behalf with seller or builder on price , closing costs, and other buyer incentives
Analysis on estimated closing costs
Explanation of closing documents and attending the closing with you.
Guidance on which inspections are needed, and attending those inspections with you

Please contact us anytime to discuss your home buying process,
We look forwarding to talking to you soon,

Nina and Bill Bay
Watson Realty Corp.
904-553-8518
Email: ninabay@comcast.net
website: http://www.ninabay.watsonrealtycorp.com
Congratulations on your decision to purchase an investment property. That is the first step. A Realtor is highly recommended, for negotiations and being there throughout the process, and a mortgage broker to finance the remaining monies required to purchase the property. Purchasing a short-sale will require additional time and possible money, were as a foreclosure can usually close within 45 days.

Feel free to visit my website at http://www.wandasellsflorida.com or give me a call at 904-894-8980 for additional information on short-sales and foreclosures.

Looking forward to assisting you.

Wanda
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 24, 2012
Good Evening,

I will gladly assist you with your search for a investment property. I am a experienced Realtor that has and is continually dealing with investors. If you could email me and provide me with some additional criteria i.e. type of home, preferred location.... I can set up a listing cart for you that will email you properties that will provide the best return on investment for you. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me. Thanks have a great evening!

Ryan Ford P.A. Realtor
Watson Realty Corp
386-243-0511
904-495-4121
http://www.floridafirstcoastrealty.com
ryanford@watsonrealtycorp.com
Both, would love opportunity to assist you with your endeavor! Rosieflrealtor@yahoo.com
You will need a Realtor and if you are going to finance you will need a lender as well.