Mr. Bubble, Home Buyer in Del Mar, CA

Looks like it would be tough to get into Austin from here. How long does it take? How about to Barton Creek?

Asked by Mr. Bubble, Del Mar, CA Sun Jan 24, 2010

Answers

9
Dear Mr. Bubble,
If your looking for a second home another option for you might be to buy a Fractional Interest in one of the condo properties. For example there is a unit available for Fractional Interest for a mere $49,500. Read on for the details.

"STUNNING FURNISHED HOME on the exclusive Barton Creek Golf Course at a Bargain Price, How? Fractional Ownership, 27 days per year with All the privileges of being a Full Golf Member at Barton Creek when in Residence, without the $65K initiation fee. Also includes benefits at Affiliated Clubs Worldwide. Hilton Head, The Homestead, Puerto Vallarta, Bear Creek and Porta Cima. It's the Least Expensive Way to have a luxury vacation in Barton Creek with ALL the amenities."

If your interested in a home to live in full time there are presently there are 37 homes listed for sale. Each of these homes has at least 3 beds and 3 baths, the average year built is 2002. The average square footage is 5453SF and typically they average 170 Days on the Market. The list prices average $278.42PSF.

However if you look at the Sold properties over the last 3 months the numbers look like this: Average year built 1999, average price per square foot $210.25 with about 4926SF, 143 Days on the Market.

If your interested let me know.
Cheers, or should I say Fore!

Betina Foreman Realtor-Keller Williams
If you love golf, you should call me. I moved here 20 years ago because of one of the golf courses and the school system. Two of my children are now in college, and I still love the golf course. Call me at 512 413-5757 and I will fill you in....Oh, by the way....I know the real estate very well after designing and building three homes and selling millions in homes and ranches.
I meant Barton Creek Country Club. It sounds like if I want to play there, I should be on the other side of the lake. By Austin, I mean downtown.
Oak Shores and Barton Creek would be around 25 to 30 minutes during traffic hours.
You can absolutely walk to Emma Long Park from the Oak Shores neighborhood, however you will need a car to get to anything else. Downtown Austin is about 20-35 minutes depending on what time of day you take your trip.

Barton Creek will be trickier as there are several neighborhoods called "Barton Creek".
Barton Creek
Barton Creek West
Barton Creek Lakeside
Calera Court at Barton Creek
The Ridge at Barton Creek
The Preserve at Barton Creek
The Foothills of Barton Creek

If you can let us know which Barton Creek you mean it will be possible to give you a better answer. Barton Creek has a cool little Cafe Express Market next to the school. This makes living here a little easier as there are no major supermarkets in the middle of Barton Creek.

If you want to see how "walkable" a neighborhood is check out http://www.WalkScore.com to see how the neighborhood stacks up.

Betina

1801 S. MOPAC, Suite 100
Austin, TX 78746
"Tough" would certainly be a personal opinion based on your own standards and ideas of convenience.

Some people consider long waits on highway straight-aways a tough commute, and some people see hill country roads that wind through a valley as a tough commute. Both routes take time, so a judgement is just based on preference of course.

Time-wise, it depends on what street you are located in the neighborhood. The same neighborhood can often yield a 5 minute difference in drivetime based on street location alone.

Additionally, it depends on where you are going when you say "get into Austin".
Austin Airport? Whole Foods Downtown? Courthouse Downtown? Convention Center Downtown? The Capitol?

The difference in two Downtown Locations alone can be the difference in 5-7 minutes drivetime.

I'd say, if you are comfortable with a 20-30 minute drive to get into Downtown, with a mix of traffic and scenic drive time, you will be happy with both. But again, let' stalk about Point A and Point B to give you a real good idea of what to expect.

If you prefer ten minutes, let's talk about TarryTown and a couple other hot spots.

Feel free to open up a line of communication here.

Shawn@ShawnMon.com
512-330-1075
I may be going to go out on a limb with my response, but like other posters, I was not clear on what information you wanted.
I am referring to the actual travel time it takes to get into Central Austin from Oak Shores vs. Barton Creek.
Both are probably similar if you will be traveling during the morning/afternoon rush hours.
Traffic inbound from Barton Creek backs up quite a bit in the morning so it's probably a 25 - 35 min. commute to DT. Prob. similar travel time from Oak Shores to the UT area.
Mr. Bubble:

Are you referring to the economic decline in California? Or are you referring to Austin's home prices? The Barton Creek area is $700K - $1M+.

Clarify your questions and I will be happy to help you!

Good day,

Mary Strickler
Prudential - Westlake
Please expand your question -- uncertain about exactly what you are asking. The Austin market remains among the most stable in the country, although it is a bit sluggish at the moment. Please feel free to email me with specific questions or better yet -- call. My number is 512-917-5260. Anne@hookemhomes.com

You will love it here.
Web Reference: http://www.hookemhomes.com