In My Neighborhood in 21663>Question Details

db2156, Other/Just Looking in Saint Michaels, MD

Looking to spend time in St Michaels soon to determine relocation...is there places to park and lock your bicycles within the park?

Asked by db2156, Saint Michaels, MD Wed Mar 27, 2013

Answers

5
St Michaels is a wonderful place to live, I grew up here and after a long stay in beautiful Colorado, I have returned. If you enjoy biking, there are many scenic byways that will take you on a tour of Talbot County and along the shores of many of our beautiful creeks and rivers. Saint Michaels is certainly the main draw to the area but don't forget to do some exploring to some of the quaint villages outside of town. Places like Neavitt, Bozman, Sherwood and Claiborne will give you a true sense of the area and how special it really is.

As for storing and locking a bicycle, there are several place in town where you can secure a bike and take a stroll or a scenic boat ride in Saint Michaels Harbor and the Miles River. I hope you enjoy youe stay and feel free to call or email me at 410-714-0007, rcowee@bensonandmangold.com if you would like any additional first hand information about the area. I hope you enjoy your visit and decide to relocate to the area.
The answers below are wonderful! I have stayed in St. Michaels and neighboring towns many times with my family. You will absolutely love it!
The Town of St. Michaels is also currently looking into purchasing and installing bike racks in various places in town and at the parks. I think this will happen this year. There are also discussions to mark and sign a bike path through the town away from the main road.

There is a very nice bicycle map for the county. I still have a few copies. Email me your address if you like at carolina@talbotrealestate.com and would be happy to mail you one.
St Michaels is a great place to live and I hope you choose to relocate here. Not sure which park you are referring to as we have a couple. If you mean Muskrat Park at the Harbor, this is about to be renovated however there are lots of places nearby at outside restaurants. The Rails to Trails Park at the end of Chestnut Street West and Chew Ave West definitely has a bicycle parking area. Call me on 410 924 1959 if you need assistance with anything else in St Michaels. Have an enjoyable visit.
Elizabeth Y Foulds.
Yes there are plenty of places to park, bicycle, walk, visit & explore. St. Michaels is a great place to live as there are always plenty of activities going on - wine festival, concerts in the park - plus the Maritime Museum has lovely displays, activities, etc as well. Once you visit & explore, it's hard not to love St. Michaels! Please feel free to contact me for additional information.