In My Neighborhood in 19522>Question Details

Treehugger, Home Buyer in 19522

Looking at a home on Fox Rd, Fleetwood, Pa. I noticed that there is a mushroom house behind it up on the hill. Would I smell this all spring &?

Asked by Treehugger, 19522 Sat Feb 27, 2010

summer? I'm pretty sure this mushroomhouse is operational. Fox Road is in a valley and I worry that the smells would hang in the valley and be a constant annoyance. I'd appreciate any feedback because ths might be the dealbreaker for this property. Thank you!

Answers

6
If you talk to long time residents of the area, you may find that most of them don't even notice the smell, anymore. But that's no reason for you to take the next 2 or 3 years to become accustom to it. Not to mention, you should always look ahead. If you have an issue with the home you purchase and can't fix it.... When it comes time to sell, you can almost bet that the majority of buyers will have the same issue. You should be running the pros and cons by your agent on any house you are considering. It's your agents job to help you make the best decission possible. Kathleen
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 28, 2010
A house is an INVESTMENT. Someday you will Sell. When you do, you don't need a huge percentage of potential buyers running away because of this same concern.

Limit every possible objection for YOUR future buyers - Buy Wisely right now. It's a very down market and favorable towards qualified buyers. Why buy someone else's problem?

Jeff
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 28, 2010
Absolutely! If this bothers you, keep looking! Sorry to the sellers but this is fact and it may not bother some as much as others.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 27, 2010
You are correct to be concerned about that issue. If you like the area try expanding your search to Morhsville and maybe Shoemakersville.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 27, 2010
Dear Treehugger,

I agree with the previous response.
It all depends on the wind but
also depends on how sensitive
you are to that smell. Some of the
people who live there, smell it
less frequently than others and some
don't smell it at all.

The best idea is to visit the area
on a variety of days - windy,
very windy and still and judge
for yourself how sensitive you
would be to it.

Happy house hunting!
Web Reference: http://BerksHomeBuying.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 27, 2010
Depending on the way the wind blows, you will smell it! I've sold many homes in Fleetwood/Blandon and it usually matters on the wind!!!

Good luck to you!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 27, 2010