In My Neighborhood in 66213>Question Details

Kampy1168, Both Buyer and Seller in Overland Park, KS

Like a home in Lexington Park. New to area and it bumps up to a townhome community West Mount. Home in great shap new rough and updates throughout.

Asked by Kampy1168, Overland Park, KS Thu May 5, 2011

None finished basement. Is it better to get a home updated throughout and finish basement later or get a basement finished, but the home need updating in main living area. Has comp rough which is worth? vs. Shake.

Answers

2
Composition roof is absolutely better. The top 3 insurance companies (Farmers, State Farm and Allstate) all have a 1% of dwelling coverage deductible on wood roofs and they charge a higher premium...this will definitely cost you money over the long run. Call me as I am happy to run a quote for you!

Kay Salter
Salter Insurance Agency
913-451-5800
Web Reference: http://www.kaysalter.com
Good Morning, I just looked at what is available in Lexington Park and I'm sure I know which one you are referencing with the updates. It does look very nice! I personally live just south of there a few blocks and concentrate primarily in Overland Park, Leawood and Olathe. I would be more than happy to talk to you regarding your questions in order to determine what is best for you and your family. You can reach me on my cell at 913-485-8641.

Look forward to hearing from you,
Shelly Christ
Prudential Kansas City
shellychrist@prukc.com