In My Neighborhood in 22193>Question Details

Ping Li, Home Buyer in Woodbridge, VA

Just closed the deal last month, but the seller didn't fixed the house at the closing day whitch they were agree to on the contract. Now they said

Asked by Ping Li, Woodbridge, VA Sat Oct 3, 2009

the house has been fixed, but after three weeks past by, I still didn't received the coppy of the receipt for fixing the house, they are renting my house untill Oct.31, what should I do at this point?

Patrick Thies’ answer
I agree with Nikki. You should have done a final walk through to make sure that the repairs were done. If they were not done at the time of closing, a repair escrow should have been set up to cover the costs or to insure that the repairs are done. Now all you can do is get the receipts to show the work has been done. Your agent will have to stay on top of this and get those receipts.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 3, 2009
What sort of contingencies are we dealing with here Sir?

Resolve, what is your definition of "FIXED" and what is their definition of "FIXED" ?

Further resolve, what is the definition of "FIXED" on paper? (refer to addendum/contract)

Note: keep in mind, you "JUST CLOSED THE DEAL".

You may need to speak with your (paid) Attorney or simply contact a local student Attorney for (free) advice.

Caveat Emptor
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 3, 2009
Your agent should be involved in this matter. You must demand a copy of the receipt for the work on Monday and If it isnt given to your agent then get your agent to talk with the other agent. Unfortunately, you shouldnt have closed the deal wo this receipt and both of you taking a final walkthru to be sure the repairs had been done.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 3, 2009