In My Neighborhood in 85353>Question Details

jaymamaaz, Renter in Tolleson, AZ

Is this area scorpion infested?

Asked by jaymamaaz, Tolleson, AZ Sun Jul 1, 2012

Answers

3
I see your question never got much response so I will see if I can help.

I provide Buyer Agent service all over Central area and show hundreds of houses each month . In some areas we never see Scorpions. I don't think I have seen more than one in the last 3 years. They are treated just like any other pest-call -- the exterminator or go to Home depot to buy chemicals. Having said that there are areas that are more prone to the problem. These areas are more likely to be more rural areas that are less developed or newer outlying developments.

To get a professional opinion, call Charles Stamper at HomeTeam Pest Defense 602-889-7564.

Some types of scorpions have virtually no venom and others are more risky. They don't like to sit in the hot sun, so they hide and nest in dark places. One of the areas where they nest are inside the block wall fences we have out here if there are cracks in the wall that give them access to the hollow blocks. Fix the cracks and you deprive them of a nesting place. There are some people that hunt them, by going out at night with a Black light (the scorpions glow under the UV light). I found this Youtube clip. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISpqqkm-EZc showing a father hunting with his young son.

Loren Hoboy-Realtor
Central AZ Real Estate
LHoboy@centralAZhomes.com
Your Local Expert
623-688-0004
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 11, 2012
You would need to be more specific but Arizona does have its fair share of our Scorpion friends. There are two ways I effectively keep them out of my house, good regular pest control and of course the less conventional "Cat" method. My cats kill and chase any scorpions that survive the chemicals and it would appear that they are immune from the pain of a sting!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 1, 2012
Wow, never thought really about scorpions when thinking about the Southwest, NOW I am....
And I am really surprised that the cats are able to chase them down and not get stung.....
Friendly hello from Chicago, no scorpions here :)
hot summers and cold winters 95 degrees today, may not be hot for Arizona
sure is hot and often humid here, and then we have had some harsh winters

Good luck with your scorpions I only know them from working for many years in African countries

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties, 30 Green Bay Rd, Winnetka, Illinois 60093 ---- EdithDoesItRight@yahoo.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com Check out my website at htttp://www.tinyurl.com/MeetEdithHere
get to know me better and learn about my experience, expertise, services available and letters of recommendation of former clients..... Also you can sign up on my site to search for properties in my expanded service area. HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)