In My Neighborhood in 78245>Question Details

sethman29, Renter in San Antonio, TX

Is this a safe area for my wife to live while i am working?

Asked by sethman29, San Antonio, TX Mon Apr 16, 2012

? I usually work 15 hours a day and some times away from home i was just wondering if this area has seen an break-ins or anything like that?

Chris Hutchinson’s answer
Real Estate Agents are limited in what they can say regarding their opinion of an area. There is crime in every area but ultimately it is up to the future resident to determine what is safe for them.

Check out this site.

Chris Hutchinson
Chris Hutchinson Real Estate
The Michael Group
When it comes to any safety/crime related issues, it's always best to contact the local police department with all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand. If unfamiliar with the area(s) do revisit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors. Real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase/rent, or not, in specific neighborhoods.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 16, 2012
Thank you both so much. i really appreciate your time!
Pick the areas of town you are interested in and get a police report for those areas and compare. Also, do your own scouting, seeing with your own eyes, checking out how neighborhoods are kept up, vehicles, residents, etc. Then balance it all out with your budget and needs.