In My Neighborhood in 33967>Question Details

pamela cantw…, Home Buyer in Sarasota, FL

Is this a decent neighborhood?

Asked by pamela cantwell, Sarasota, FL Wed Jan 11, 2012

Answers

8
Hi Pamela, I have lived and worked in this area over 25 years. If you would like to contact me to
discuss the particular criteria that fits your lifestyle, I would be glad to work with you. We all have particular taste and I will be glad to share area data and information to help you locate the area that works for you. My clients love the area tours I provide so please let me know if I can be of assistance to you.

Judy Wilson
Coldwell Banker
239-848-2640 Cell
Hi Pamela,
I will be happy to show you around San Carlos Park. I liked what Terry said. This area is also centrally located near the airport, Gulf Coast Town Center, Miromar Outlets and the New Alico Lakes Village and of course Florida Gulf Coast University.

Pam Wittenauer
239-989-7077
Since decent neighborhood is subjective, if unfamiliar with the area do take the time to visit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors, etc., then determine if your comfort level will be reached; keep in mind that opinions are oftentimes subjective and what may be good for one is not necessarily the case for another.
San Carlos Park is a neighborhood of approximately 16,000 residents located just south of Fort Myers. It offers a location convenient to several Southwest Florida landmarks including Florida Gulf Coast University, RSW Airport, Coconut Point and Germain Arena.

Here is a resource to view active listings in the San Carlos Park community: http://www.greaterftmyers.com/san-carlos-park.php

Good luck with your search!
You got the response below why we are not allowed to answer questions like yours....
There are many ways these days to find out for yourself, work with a Realtor to provide you with property listings in your type, size and price range, and then explore on the internet all you need to know, there is so much information available on towns websites, school report sites etc. etc., once you narrow areas down, then drive through them at different times and days and get a feel for the neighborhood and if it fits your needs.

Remember everyone's needs are different, your Realtor can certainly provide you with websites to check out and he or she can also provide you with information about where train stations are, shopping centers, school locations etc. If any of those are important to you.

Edith YourRealtor4Life and Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert
Hi Pamela,

Generally, real estate agents will or "should" never comment on if a neighborhood or area is "good", or "safe". This could be construed as "steering" - and it's illegal for a licensed agent lend clients this advice. Your best bet is to consult the information available online and determine for yourself as Danielle advised below.
Pamela,

Only you can determine what is "decent" about any area. Here is a great forum that may provide guidance for you:

http://www.city-data.com/city/San-Carlos-Park-Florida.html

All the best.
San Carlos Park......great location and a great opportunity. We have a custom built website made for this neighborhood. Let us know if we can help you in any way.

http://www.sancarlospark-realestate-florida.com

jessemcgreevy@gmail.com
239-898-5329