In My Neighborhood in 76085>Question Details

Joekiss7, Home Buyer in Weatherford, TX

Is there a problem with the well water? I hear all kinds of chemicals are in it.

Asked by Joekiss7, Weatherford, TX Tue Apr 5, 2011

Here in the Weatherford area, there are a lot of factors that determine the quality of the well. The biggest being the depth of the well, the hardness of the water, the flow rate, pressure, to name a few. I live in the Brock area and I have a well. I have no problems with it at all. That is not to say others do not. Before you purchase a home, you would need to get the well inspected and the water tested by the Parker County Health Department. You also would need to make sure that you receive a Home Warranty that covers the well pump because replacing one of these can get expensive. If you are looking for a home here in Parker County, I’d love to help you. Just give me a call any time at 817-235-1442. Hope this helps.
If you are considering purchasing a home home with a well get a well inspection. They will check the flow of water, the pump, and do water testings. You can treat your well water through a filtration systems just as you would any other water source. What you will want to understand are there seasons within your well for which your water flow drops? And are there any safety issues for which you can not treat. A reputable well inspector/water tester should be able to address most of these, along with the disclosure from the home owner.
Web Reference: