In My Neighborhood in Oakton>Question Details

G's Mom, Other/Just Looking in Oakton, VA

Is there a pool and tennis court in the miller heights neighborhood?

Asked by G's Mom, Oakton, VA Sun Feb 21, 2010

Answers

4
I live a half mile from the miller heights neighborhood. There isnt a public pool right in that specific neighborhood, but there is the Oak Marr Rec Center about 2 miles away, which is owned by Fairfax County and has a large swimming pool as well as a golf course, but not tennis courts.
Glenda is correct about Oak Marr though most of my friends in Miller Heights do not use that facility except in the winter time (no outdoor pool). Some have joined pools in Vienna, others have joined/tried to join Oakton Swim and Raquet which is in a comparable neighborhood in Oakton, others have joined country clubs such as Fairfax or International. Oakton Swim and Raquet however has quite an extensive wait list (I have been on it since 1992) and most "new members" have aquired their membership through the purchase of their homes.

Personally I really like the Miller Heights neighborhood and almost purchased there myself. The only reason I did not is because at the time..the main road Miller Heights was quite a cut through and I could not find a suitable flat lot for my kids outdoor activities.

Should you be interested in further information, ideas, recommendations..or just to answer a few questions.. feel free to contact me.

Kind Regards,

Erik J. Weisskopf, ABR,CRS,GRI
Erik@AskMeAboutHomes.com
The Tattersall neighborhood in Oakton does not have a community pool. If I can be of further assistance, please contact me. I would happy to research any neighborhoods you may be interested in, and send you a list of active properties on the MRIS that meet your criteria.
Jennifer Rivera
Veteran and Army Wife
Ask me about a rebate for buyers and sellers
Office: (571) 292-5377 ext 112
Fax: (703) 542-4240
VoiceMail: (304) 952-8735
Move4Free Realty, LLC
8405 Dorsey 201
Manassas, VA 20110
Web Reference: http://www.searchnhomes.com
There are no amenities within the Miller Heights subdivision; however, it's very close to the Oak Marr Rec Center which has a heated Olympic-sized indoor pool with spa, beach and wading area, plus a diving complex with one-meter and three-meter boards and a five-meter tower. No tennis courts, but it does have raquetball courts, a fitness center and an 18-hole mini golf course. Here's a link to the Oak Marr Rec Center's web site: http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/rec/omrec.htm.

Glenda Cherry
http://www.GlendaCherry.com
Glenda@GlendaCherry.com
703-587-3615