Laura Atwater, Home Buyer in San Diego, CA

Is there a lot of gang activity?

Asked by Laura Atwater, San Diego, CA Wed Mar 7, 2012

Answers

11
When it comes to any safety/crime related issues, it's always best to contact the local police department with all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand. If unfamiliar with the area(s) do revisit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors. Real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods.
http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/
https://www.crimereports.com/
http://www.homefair.com/
Not really the police department tries to downplay the actual activity that surrounds these areas for the sake of property owners.
Flag Sat May 16, 2015
Not really. Just a lot of petty thief. shootings all the time. You hear the police sirens, chopper 70% of the time! A few months passed the ice cream driver was robbed at gun point by 4 kids on churchward street.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 29, 2014
I HAVE SEEN ONE TOO MANY THINGS AROUND HOME AND AREA THAT I DISSAPPROVE OF HOPE TO FIND A HOME SAFE FOR MY FAMILY.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 31, 2012
yes so its in to us how we will be careful living in a place we do not used too..
Yes it is this area is a mixture of different gang sets, so be careful when choosing this location love the place wrong location.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 16, 2015
In Encanto, yes there is. I lived there for 5 yrs. Encanto is on the edge of Lincon Heights. (NOT A NICE PLACE AT ALL) One of the worst gangs in all of San Diego besides Barrio Logan.
I was a bit concerned I drove by a few times over the weekend and the second house on the street had three young men that were hanging out in the front with the garage door open and two of the three were drinking. I noticed this on three different occasions. I'm wondering if the first house on the street was burned down there are people working on it I hope the rehab will be completed soon right now it's an eyesore.
The key words are North Encanto. It is safe and good for family with kids. I live in Emerald Hills over 10 years and is living in North Encanto over 14 years, This is nice.
Hi Laura,

Check with the police department in Encanto, to find out what activity there is, i'm sure they'll be happy to help you.

Cory
Hi Laura,
Trulia has a really cool tool- if you click on Local Info and then type in the neighborhood name, it will show you the crime activity in that neighborhood. It will even break down the offeneses into violent vs non violent and what type of offenses they were.

Thanks!
Sinead McAllister
858-205-5215
brokermcallister@gmail.com