mike.browne, Home Buyer in Phoenix, AZ

Is there a community center in Ahwatukee? If so, does it have a gym? Is there HOA? If so, how much are the dues?

Asked by mike.browne, Phoenix, AZ Mon Jan 30, 2012

Answers

9
Hi Mike:

I live in Ahwatukee and specialize in the area.

In fact, my family and I are members of the aforementioned YMCA. There are one or two smaller gyms in the area, but none cater to family as much as the YMCA. Our two grade-school-age boys attend the public school right next door (Kyrene de la Sierra) and participate in many YMCA activities. Beyond that, there is a Lifetime Fitness just across the 10 Freeway that is much larger and far less personal. After a while at the YMCA, you get to feel that everyone knows you!

On the south side of Pecos road, at 48th Street, we have a massive community center that is owned and operated by the City of Phoenix. It includes a building with everything from basketball courts (and leagues), a fitness center, arts and craft centers, ping pong tables, and the like. Outside there are basketball courts, two large pools and an amazing amount of soccer fields and play areas for the children. They also have a skate park and bike trails around the entire perimeter of the complex. Our boys have played in the basketball leagues there and we love what they have to offer.

Most of the homes in Ahwatukee were built in the late 80's to the mid 2000's. The further west you go away from the Freeway, the newer the homes and community will be. As they are all part of master planned communities, most are in an HOA. The figures quoted below for the monthly costs are about right. Again, that depends on if there are any special assessments going on in a particular HOA.

Please let me know how I may be of any help to you!

John B Clark, REALTOR®
First Class Service with Integrity!
HomeSmart Real Estate
1745 S Alma School Rd #115
Mesa, AZ 85210
Office Phone - (480) 678-4800
jbclark@hsmove.com
http://www.JohnClarkRealEstate.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 30, 2012
Yes, there is a fantastic gym at the YMCA which is convenient and inexpensive, they also have climbing wall, basket ball, various classes, basket ball, swimming etc - an excellent place http://www.valleyymca.org/ahwatukee/
Mike:

I'm ready to help any way I can. Just let me know!

John B Clark, REALTOR®
First Class Service with Integrity!
HomeSmart Real Estate
1745 S Alma School Rd #115
Mesa, AZ 85210
Office Phone - (480) 678-4800
jbclark@hsmove.com
http://www.JohnClarkRealEstate.com
There is a Gym in the retirement communtiy of Ahwatukee . It is included in the Annual assoc. fee of apprx. $500. per year . AhAll homes in Ahwatukee pay the primary Assoc fee of $189. per year.

The other neighborhoods in the Ahwatukee master plan , Mountain Park Ranch , the Foothills , Foothills Club West , the Foothills Reserve and Lakewood do not have Gyms. There are a quite few private (pay to join) clubs in the Ahwatukee Foothills,
Pam Eagan
Assoc. Broker
Realty Executives

Your 25 year neighborhood expert
I live in Anthem now and it has HOA dues of 25 per month. They include a community center with a gym, (free weights, cable machines, tread mills, stair steppers, etc...) baseball fields, soccer fields, basketball courts, skate park, and much more. Does Ahwatukee have something simular?
PS. Please call if you desire immediate help. My number is 602-284-4747.
Hi Mike! I'm a "raving fan" of Ahwatukee as a homeowner who has lived here since 1989! There is the community center for seniors that is located just south of Elliott Rd., as well as a couple of great gyms, one is Gold's Gym and the other, LA Fitness are both close to 1-10 highway. LA Fitness has an indoor heated pool and steam room and both are less expensive than the YMCA. There are several great homeowners associations, the best being Mountain Park Ranch HOA, with a $25/monthly fee. For this you get 3 Olympic length lap-lane pools (one is heated) and 3 large heated jacuzzis, 3 covered toddler pools, 3 huge playgrounds, 6 tennis courts & 2 sand-court volleyball courts, plus miles of walking/cycling paths, much of which is off the streets for quieter walking. Mountain Park Ranch's HOA is one of the best run in the county, according to our CPA firm. Dues have only raised $8 since 1989! Also, there is a public city park pool off of Pecos Rd with a community center & ball parks as well as another pool off of Warner Rd. which offers Master's swim & childrens programs. Please let me know what other questions you may have!
Ahwahtukee is an one of the general area of Phoenix bordering Southmountain's Souther foothills. Each subdivisions within have their own HOA. There is no one community center, thus no centralized Gym.
There is, however, YMCA that is on Desert PKWY that is affordable and quite superior in its amenities...i believe it also has steam room. Inquire directly and they would be helpful in questions that you might have.
My name is Andrew Song with Russ Lyon Sotheby's International Realty and contact number 623-337-3298, if you should have any Real Estate need in the area.

good day,
Mike

Most of Ahwautukee does have Homeowner Associations. Some of the original section does not, that would be the NE corner area. HOA Dues today run from $40 a month to $70 a month in most areas. Condos are much higher, some of the gated areas with water features are also higher.

One of the popular public gym spots is the YMCA.

Good questions! Are you in AZ now?
Web Reference: http://www.McVinua.com