Frustrated!, Home Buyer in Whittier, CA

Is the unincorported (South Whittier) considered a bad area? We will be closing soon on a house. The neighborhood is very nice and on a quiet cul de

Asked by Frustrated!, Whittier, CA Wed Sep 23, 2009

sac. My co-worker told me South Whittier is not really a great area. Should I be concerned?

Answers

3
The crime/negihborhood reports will be your first option. David is right, there are good and bad areas of Whittier. Drive the areas you are interested in durring the day and return at night. Check it out for yourself so you feel comfortable for you and your family.

Best of luck on your journey!
Web Reference: http://www.donjacks.com
There are great areas in what is unincorporated and I lived in one of them for 10 years. Contact the sheriff's department for neighborhood police reports and talk to the neighbors. I think you will find it to be as you suspected...nice and quiet. South East is very nice close to La Mirada or La Habra
Hi Frustrated,

I certainly understand your concerns. I would recommend that you contact the local Police Department. They will be able to bring you up to speed on what type of calls and activity if any, have taken place in the neighborhood. Also, have you driven through the neighborhood at diffent times during the day? I always recommend for my clients to drive through a neighborhood once in the morning, afternoon, and evening, to get a feel for the neighborhood. You can also walk through the neighborhood and introduce yourself to some of the neighbors as a prospective buyer and ask them what their thoughts are with regards to the neighborhood. Good luck!

Matt