In My Neighborhood in 61272>Question Details

jeffreylwalk…, Home Buyer in New Boston, IL

Is the area in New Boston prone to flooding?

Asked by jeffreylwalker, New Boston, IL Tue Nov 6, 2012

No the city of New Boston will not flood. Bay property in New Boston will only flood if the levee were to breach
There are websites that show flood areas.... and if and when you are interested in the purchase of a property do so with an experienced Realtor, once you buy from a Seller that Seller should know whether his lender required him when he purchased the property to have a flood insurance, then there
is that risk.... All lenders will double check on flood zones before a loan commitment is issued.

So with this one detail to worry about and think about, there are so many more items to take into consideration like zoning rules, how high a fence and what type, can I build on, or out, offering the right price, inspection issues, etc. etc. etc. I could fill an entire page... YOU do not want to do this on your
own this is the very BEST advice I can give to any Buyer!

Read on it may explain it a little better for you

Why are you asking US here? And here is my reason for my question to YOU.... if and when you are
interested in buying a property whether condo townhouse or single fam. home, you should, or better yet MUST work with a buyers agent, a Realtor who has a representation agreement with you, you commit to the Realtor and the Realtor commits to YOU, at usually no charge to YOU as Buyers Agents are paid at the closing table by the Sellers side, if the property is listed with a brokerage on the Multiple Listing Service of the area. That way not only will you have one resource, one agent to talk
to and contact, that agent not only finds the right properties for your needs and pocket book but will
also educate you about the market, make appointments and accompany all showings, write your
offer and who will submit to you comparable properties that have recent sold so that you know for sure if the price you are offering on a property is a fair market value or not, the agent will negotiate on your behalf and in your very BEST interest the price and terms of the contract, and follow up along the way with all the various details necessary to lead to a successful closing.

Do not do this on your own!!! If you need a Buyers Agent Recommendation for your Area let me know, I gladly forward some good buyers agents to you for consideration.

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert

Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties, 30 Green Bay Rd, Winnetka, Illinois 60093 ---- or Check out my website at htttp://
get to know me better and learn about my experience, expertise, services available and letters of recommendation of former clients..... Also you can sign up on my site to search for properties in my expanded service area. HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)