Juvy, Renter in Hayward, CA

Is it safe to live in this area?

Asked by Juvy, Hayward, CA Fri Aug 5, 2011

I know this is an old question.

It's not rough like some parts of Oakland, and it is getting better. It is on the city general plan to revitalize the area with newer developments, specially near the bart station(tennyson and huntwood).

safety is subjective, but I won't let my wife/daughter walk out there in the dark.

Hope that helps
Hi Juvy,

I recommend that you visit the local Police Department. They will be able to tell you about the area and what type of calls come up, along with how frequent the problems arise. You can also go on-line at home or at the local Police Department and visit the Megan's Law database. This will let you know of any sexual offenders who live in the area. Lastly, drive through the area several times a day, several days a week, and once on the weekend. See what the neigborhood is like. Knock on some of your potential neighbors door. Explain that you're considering renting property in the area. Ask them how they like the neighborhood and have there been any problems. Good luck!