In My Neighborhood in 92691>Question Details

Jorojo659399, Renter in

Is it possible for a single parent/teacher EVER be able to purchase a home in MV? Oh heck, let me dream BIG and add, can I get a swimming pool too????

Asked by Jorojo659399, Mon Jul 30, 2012

Hi There,

A smart man once said, "The best way to achieve a large goal is to set small goals". I would suggest meeting with a lender and seeing how close or far away you are from getting the funding you need to achieve the home you desire. Have great year and best of luck in the future!
Absolutely! I would love to help you! Here is some information about me taken from my website

Brittany Leighton, Real Estate Professional

Experienced Southern California Realtor

Holds 37 awards in top customer service and top customer satisfaction.

Top 1% customer service in the nation award

President/CEO of Children’s Smiles Non-Profit Organization -

Brittany has a successful and extensive background in practicing Real Estate Law. Brittany has been actively assisting home buyers and sellers in Southern CA for over 10 years.

A commitment to service and extensive Real Estate education is what sets Brittany apart from many other professionals. Brittany’s goal is to provide every single person she meets with extraordinary customer service so that they will be excited to share their experiences by referring their friends, family, and colleagues. This philosophy is the reason why 94% of her business comes from referrals. Brittany has a solid understanding of Real Estate contracts, the home purchasing and home selling process, and efficient contract negotiation.

Brittany understands the importance of clear and direct communication. It is extremely important that as your transaction is occurring and when your transaction is complete, you feel comfortable calling her every day as you need her.

Brittany is an expert negotiator and pays close attention to detail and customer needs. Her clients are always kept well informed during each step of the home buying and selling experience.

Brittany believes that to succeed at your goal you must have the power of focus, the strength of integrity, and the understanding of the journey to achieve that goal.

Orange County Association of Realtors
California Association of Realtors
National Association of Realtors

Brittany Leighton

Top 1% Customer Satisfaction in the NATION

Sure you can.
Been a single or married has nothing to do with what you can buy.
Its all about your qualification and income.
I would meet with an Real Estate agent and get a few name of direct lenders, talk to them, submit my documents to the one I liked the most, get my loan approval and look for a POOL house with a big yard and anything else in it that your heart desire. Just keep your loan amount in mind.
That is a tough question, but it would ultimately all depend on what you qualify for. Also, depending on what areas of MV you are looking to buy in, there are always houses with exactly what you are looking for. I am assuming as a teacher and single mom, your income is somewhat limited. However that doesn't mean you can't find a detached condo with a community pool that could serve both your purposes. You could get the feel and look of a SFR but benefit for all the amenities of a condo complex. I actually have an excellent tract in mind for you (just off Oso Pkwy) if you are interested in discussing it further.

I am a real estate broker with an office in MV. I would love to assist you more if you would like to discuss some possible options. I also have some lenders I can refer you to so you can see what you qualify for. Its a process with several steps but if you view my profile of sold properties, you can see I have a long history of getting it done!

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Dustin Widner
Atlas Properties

Sure, what's the difficulty you are having?
Yes it is possible, If you would like to get pre qualified and view a few homes, It would be my pleasure to assist you. Call me at (949) 484-0519